What has changed?
• Faster and easier response.
• Playing pianissimo has improved considerably.
• All bow strokes are possible resulting in smooth crossings from one note to another.
• Easier right hand articulation and tone attack.
• The Tonica has now a livelier and more round sound, which is open and direct with less side noises.
• The projection and brilliance have been upgraded. This excess of brilliance, however, does not mean that the Tonica
has lost its warmth.
• The set harmony is now much better.
New standard set composition
The set harmony is now much better by exchanging the steel/aluminum E with the Silvery Steel E 25.5. The D string of the former
Tonica set is wound with aluminum, which results in a very warm and soft sound, however at the expense of the set harmony
and a certain lack of brilliance. Since the second half of the 1990s it is common for Pirastro standard string sets to have
a silver wound D string included. This allows a perfect set harmony with a brilliant sound that has good projection. This
is the reason why the standard sets now have the Silvery Steel E and the silver D included.
Save BIG when you buy today!