Play the 6-string bass that bears the name of a living bass legend.
When you play the Fender Steve Bailey VI 6-string bass guitar you're in good company with an instrument
design backed by the success of Steve Bailey himself. Bailey is known as a player's player. He's an instructional author with
an impressive list of performing and recording credits, including Dizzy Gillespie, the Rippingtons, and Jethro Tull.
fretted version of the Fender Steve Bailey Jazz Bass VI is a phenomenal vehicle for self-expression that offers you the opportunity
to explore a virtually limitless tonal palette in the quest to define your own voice on the instrument. From silky singing
cello-like tones to the thundering bottom end that only a beautifully executed low "B" string can produce. This is also the
first 6-string bass ever produced by Fender.
The 6-string Fender J-Bass has a select alder body; a quartersawn maple
neck with an asymmetrical profile; a 9.5" to 14" compound-radius, 2-octave ebony fingerboard; custom Fender pickups; 18-volt
active electronics, an onboard mute switch; onboard active EQ, a heavy-duty fully adjustable Fender locking bridge; and Bailey's
initials on the back of the headstock. Comes with a hardshell case.
Fender Steve Bailey VI 6-String Bass Features:
- Body: Select Alder
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Asymmetrical Quartersawn Maple
- Fingerboard: Ebony with Compound 9.5" to 14" Radius
- Scale Length: 34"
- Nut Width: 2"
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Hipshot Ultralite
- Bridge: Locking CVM (Convertible Modular) Bridge
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Brown Shell
- Pickups: Custom 6-String Jazz Bass Pickups
- Pickup Switching - Blend Knob With Center Detent
- Controls: Master Volume, Pickup Blend with detent, Bass boost/cut, Treble boost/cut, Mute switch
- Includes hardshell case
The finest combination of art and engineering. Order your Steve Bailey VI 6-string bass