A replication of one of the most popular Yamaha synths of the 70s with some exceptional modern twists.
The Arturia CS-80 V 2.0 virtual synth is the reproduction of the legendary Yamaha CS-80, which was considered
by many as the "ultimate polyphonic synthesizer," back in the late 70s. It was made popular by artists and groups like Toto,
Jean-Michel Jarre, Keith Emerson, Stevie Wonder, Vangelis, Ultravox, and Peter Gabriel, just to name a few. More than twenty
five years after its release, the time has come to rediscover a sound that has extensively contributed to the history of music.
Explore hundreds of sounds in this virtual instrument software using Arturia's revolutionary Sound MAP. Locate areas you like
and pick a sound that will stimulate your creativity. Morph sounds on the MAP by clicking anywhere you like. Add filters to
make your search easier, or get back to the traditional list of presets, by sound-designer or by type. Be creative, be funky,
be a sound-traveler.
The Arturia CS-80 V 2.0 virtual instrument offers all the features of the original, plus a new generation of innovative features,
taking the original design to a new elevated level:
• A modulation matrix to rebuild all circuits gives you a choice of 12 sources and 38 destinations for 10 additional
• A Multi Mode allows you to assign a different sound to each polyphonic voice. 4 different keyboard sections for "multitimbrality,"
with the possibility to direct each voice (4 polyphonic modes, and 3 unison modes from 2 to 8 voices)
• An arpeggiator and a stereo delay
The Arturia CS-80 V 2.0 virtual instrument comes loaded with more than 400 presets made by a selection of talented sound designers.
little history lesson
In 1976, Yamaha introduced the CS-80, a synthesizer based on the same circuits as the GX1. The price tag ($6900) put it out
of the reach of most musicians, and the weight (83kgs with stand) made it sometimes hard to use on stage. But the qualities
of this Yamaha synthesizer, considered Japan's first great synth, made it immediately famous in the music industry.
to it's heavy use in the late 70s and early 80s by a number of pop groups, including Electric Light Orchestra, Toto, Paul
McCartney and Wings, Vangelis, Bon Jovi, Jean-Michel Jarre, Geoffrey Down, Stevie Wonder, and many others, the CS-80 turned
into a real myth.
Peter Forrest (in the "A-Z of Analogue Synthesizers") says: "When it comes to trying to decide which
of the top-flight synths is the best ever, it's not easy. But if you are looking at richness of sound coupled with performance
power, and sheer overkill, maybe nothing can touch it."
Arturia CS-80 V 2.0 Virtual Instrument Software Features:
- All the original parameters of the Yamaha CS-80 synth: 2 oscillators, 4 filters (high pass, low pass), 2 LFOs, 4 envelopes,
2 VCAs, 1 sub-oscillator (LFO), 1 ring modulator, chorus, and tremolo
- New effect: Delay
- New Multi Mode: assign a different sound to each of the 8 voices of polyphony
- New Modulation Matrix with 12 sources to modulate a choice of 38 destination parameters
- More than 400 presets made by a selection of the most famous sound designers
- Polyphonic aftertouch
- 1 Arpeggiator
- Expression and sustain pedals
- Ribbon controller
- No aliasing from 0.1Hz to 16kHz
- 64-bit floating point precision
- Sampling rate: up to 96kHz
New to V 2.0 Virtual Instrument Software
- Switch to Syncrosoft copy protection
- VCF audio quality improvements
- Ring modulator audio quality improvements
- A revolutionary preset navigation system called the SoundMap
- Lower CPU utilization on Mac OSX
- Better Audio Unit compatibility (Digital Performer most notably)
- Ability to use NRPN MIDI messages for automation
- Better handling of control surfaces while changing preset
- New presets added
- MIDI RPN "pitch bend range" message is now recognized
- Bug fixes
No need to go antiquing hoping to find a quality CS-80 synth. Order this virtual version
Arturia CS-80 V 2.0 Virtual Instrument Software Specifications:
- Required Minimum Configuration:
- PC: 512MB RAM; CPU 2GHz (Multiple cores recommended)
- Mac: 512MB RAM; CPU 2GHz (Multiple cores recommended)
- Windows: XP/VISTA/SEVEN
- Mac OS X: 10.4 or higher and Universal Binary
- Win: Standalone, VST, RTAS
- Mac: Standalone, VST, RTAS, AU