The best of both digital and analog worlds!
Widely respected synth designer Dave Smith has won numerous editors choice and synthesists' must-have
accolades since the original mono Evolver Desktop was released. The latest release from Smith is the MEK (Mono Evolver Keyboard),
with much of the look and voice architecture of the Poly keyboard in a single voice version. The Evolver synth engine is a
hybrid analog/digital that produces truly amazing sounds. The Mono features a generous selection of dedicated knobs and switches
in the tradition of the great analog synths.
The Dave Smith Evolver Keyboard has a 3 octave keyboard, with velocity
and aftertouch (pressure). There are 58 endless-turn knobs, and 35 switches.
Dave Smith Instruments MEK Evolver Keyboard Single Voice Synthesizer Features:
- 3-octave keyboard synth, with velocity and aftertouch (pressure)
- Easy-to-program matrix-style front panel with 8 endless-turn rotary encoders
- Four oscillators in total: two analog, two digital
- Analog oscillator waveshape: sawtooth, triangle, saw-triangle, and pulse (with voltage-controlled analog pulse-width modulation)
- Digital oscillators select from 96 wavetables from the Prophet-VS (128 x 12 bits), and 32 user-loadable (via MIDI) Wavetables
(128 x 16 bits)
- Hard sync on the analog oscillators
- FM and ring mod on the digital oscillators
- Separate glide per oscillator, with two glide modes
- Real voltage-controlled analog lowpass filters
- 4-pole/2-pole switchable, fully resonant (in 4-pole mode)
- Right and left channel Analog Voltage Controlled Amplifiers (VCA)
- Dual digital 4-pole Highpass filters (one per channel) to place before or after analog electronics.
- Stereo audio inputs; Noise generator
- Envelope Follower and Peak Detect from External Input to use as modulation sources
- External Input can be used to gate envelopes and/or step the sequencer
- Three snappy ADSR envelopes
- Four LFOs (sync with sequencer and MIDI)
- Dual (left and right channel) tunable feedback loops; modulate frequency and amount
- Delay with 3 taps; each with separate time and amount modulation
- Syncs to sequencer/MIDI Normal feedback and additional feedback path through analog filters
- Individual digital, one for each channel, can be placed before or after analog electronics
- 4 Banks of 128 Programs for 512 total Programs Dump to/from MIDI
- 16 x 4 analog-style sequencer - syncs with MIDI
- Extensive Modulation capabilities including audio-range modulation Bipolar (+/-) modulation
- Internal computer and DSP chips can be reprogrammed via MIDI for easy upgrades
- Dimensions: 10-3/4" wide, 6" deep, and 1-1/2" high (27 x 15 x 4 cm)
- Weight: About 3 pounds
- Universal power supply runs nearly anywhere
- 100-240 V AC, 50-60 Hz. Includes 4 adapters: USA, Euro, UK, and Australia.
Synth maestro Smith has outdone himself with the MEK Evolver. Order today and find out why
top pro players are singing the MEK's praises!