A 5-octave keyboard with vintage-style controls and modern sound options.
The Prophet '08 PE (potentiometer edition) is a 5-octave keyboard synth that has all the features of
Dave Smith Instruments' standard Prophet '08, but many of the front panel's rotary controls use potentiometers (AKA pots)
for more vintage-style control. It features an eight-voice synthesizer with a 100% analog signal path, velocity, and aftertouch.
Add to that performance features like an arpeggiator, gated 16 x 4 step sequencer, and the ability to split or stack sounds—and
the modulation possibilities make it capable of producing sounds that the classics simply could not.
On board the Prophet
'08 PE keyboard synth, you'll find a spring-loaded pitch wheel and assignable mod wheel, 256 fully editable programs with
two layers in each program, two digitally controlled analog oscillators, and three envelope generators.
'08 PE is an affordable, full-featured polysynth with a 100% analog signal path. Classic, real analog sound, including legendary
Curtis analog low-pass filters is married to a modern feature set. The electronic keyboard has a compact size with a huge
sound and includes tons of knobs for direct, real-time editing and performance.
Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 08 PE Keyboard Synthesizer Features:
- 5-octave keyboard with semi-weighted action, velocity, and aftertouch
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel and assignable mod wheel
- 256 fully editable programs (2 banks of 128) with 2 layers (2 separate sounds) in each
- 16 x 4 gated step sequencer
- 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) per voice with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, pulse
waves (with pulse-width modulation), and hard sync
- White noise generator
- 1 analog Curtis low-pass filter per voice; selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode)
- 3 envelope generators: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR + delay)
- Envelope 3-can loop
- 4 LFOs (low-frequency oscillation)
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
- Analog VCAs (variable gain amplifiers)
Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 08 PE Keyboard Synthesizer Includes:
- power supply for 110V-240V AC operation (13-15 VDC, 400mA) and operation manual
Get the vintage feel and sound of rotary controls while taking advantage of scores of contemporary
features when you buy the Prophet '08 PE.
Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 08 PE Keyboard Synthesizer Specifications:
- Dimensions: 3.875" H x 34.8" W x 12.1" D
- Weight: approximately 22 lb.
Ins and Outs
- MIDI In, Out, Thru, and Poly Chain
- Main stereo audio output: 1/4" unbalanced
- Output B stereo audio output: 1/4" unbalanced
- Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch
- Pedal/CV input: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or
- Headphone output: 1/4" stereo phone jack