A mastering recorder with strong playback features.
For mastering purposes, the Fostex CR500 recorder offers the world-first direct BWF recording onto UDF
formatted CDs at up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution. The file is fully compatible with PC workstations with data transfers requiring
a simple copy and paste procedure instead of realtime audio ripping. In addition, the CR500 master recorder is ideal for DAT
archiving in the standard 16-bit/48kHz format.
On the playback side, the Fostex CR500 recorder offers many useful functions
such as Instant Play, Fader Start, built-in memory for cue point and program play per each disk (up to 100 discs), for versatile
applications such as event playback, stage playback as well as broadcast playback.
Fostex CR500 CD-R/RW Master Recorder Features:
- CD-DA and BWF (stereo poly-file)* (on UDF) file format recording
- Complies to CD-DA, ISO9660 (playback only) and UDF (v1.02) disk format
- AES/EBU or S/PDIF digital I/O
- Analog XLR (+4dBu/-10dBV selectable) and unbalanced RCA I/)
- Fader Start function for broadcast use
- Instant Play for event applications
- USB port on the front panel for connecting an off-the-shelf USB keyboard for file name editing, and simple transport controlling.
- Program play up to 9 songs per disc
- 10 memory points per disc
- Internal memory for up to 100 discs, programs and memories
- Power On Play functions good for event and installation applications
- Rotary encoder for quick access to the setup menu
- Direct track selection by 10 key
*UDF formatted disc can be recognized only on Windows XP, not on Mac OS because
of the different writing method on UDF format
An essential for critical recording and playback needs. Order today.