Music software featuring a modular production environment and a host of exciting features
FL Studio 9 Fruity Edition software is the basic version of FL9, a complete music production environment,
representing the culmination of more than 10 years of sustained & focused development. FL9 is designed to be one of the fastest
ways to get music from your brain to your speakers.
What is FL9?
FL Studio 9 is a full-featured, open architecture, music production software capable of audio recording, composing, sequencing,
and mixing, for the creation of professional quality music. The Fruity Loops Studio philosophy is creative freedom, allowing
you to route any instrument to any mixer track. Each mixer track can receive audio from any number of instruments, any number
of other mixer tracks and a soundcard input. Mixer tracks, in turn, can send audio to any number of other mixer tracks and
a soundcard output. You can create sub-mixes, effects chains, or complex mixes. With FL Studio's flexible architecture audio
is set free.
It also allows you to free your creative mind. You can choose your preferred workflow, compose using the
step-sequencer or piano roll. Create in pattern or track mode, then arrange your ideas in the free palette Playlist. The Playlist
presents timeline as a virtual canvas where each Playlist track can simultaneously hold any number of score, audio, and automation
Make virtually any sound — FL9 includes over 30 software synthesizers covering acoustic/synthetic bass, electric guitar,
multi-sampler tools including piano & strings, general sample playback, and beatslicing (with Rex 1 & 2 support).
Open plug-in standards — FL Studio supports all PC industry plug-in instrument standards including VSTi (1/2), DXi(1/2),
Buzz, and Rewire. This means you can sequence with your favorite plug-ins and applications.
Multi-channel audio inputs — With the ability to simultaneously capture all the inputs on your audio interface, Image
Line FL Studio 9 has the flexibility to record a single vocalist, guitar, or a full symphony orchestra.
— Audio can be arranged, with complete freedom in the Playlist. Features include the ability to host an unlimited number
of audio recordings, time-stretching, pitch-shifting, beat-slicing, cropping, editing, and the rearranging of audio with only
a few mouse clicks.
FL Studio supports WAV, MP3, OGG, WavPack, AIFF, and REX audio formats.
Compose and record your musical performances and ideas in a very logical way.
Pattern or track sequencing — You
choose, record your musical performances and ideas in the most logical way. FL Studio 9 can simultaneously function as a pattern
and track-based sequencer. Reuse patterns as Pattern Clips in the Playlist or record song-length sequences, as desired.
Step sequencer or Piano roll — Scoring tools include FL Studio's legendary Step-sequencer, one of the most advanced
Piano roll's in any software studio, event and multipoint automation envelopes. FL Studio 9 supports MIDI input, standard
controller compatibility, and the ability to simultaneously control multiple instrument channels from separate controllers.
FL Studio allows you to do what you want where and when you want.
Determine your own project design — In FL
Studio 9, you decide how your project will be laid out. Unlike the competition, FL9's Playlist is a totally flexible and virtually
unbounded workspace where Note Pattern, Audio and Automation data can be arranged and edited to suit your creative ideas and
Mixing & Mastering
FL Studio music software provides all the composition and audio editing tools you need to produce your tracks to high professional
The mixer — FL9 includes a superb 104-track stereo track mixer that is about precision, control, and
flexibility. The mixer's tracks each hold up to 8 effects (VST, DX, or FL's proprietary format). To create sub-mixes or mixing
chains of almost unlimited complexity, each mixer track can be routed to any other mixer track, one of 4 dedicated send channels
and/or the Master track. Sends provide the ability to sidechain inputs to multi-input effects plug-ins. Finally, each of the
mixer tracks can be routed to any output on your audio interface.
Effects — What about effects? FL Studio includes
plenty of effects spanning maximization, limiting, compression, delay, distortion, equalization (graphic & parametric), filtering,
phasing, flanging, chorus, and reverb. These have cover the audio spectrum from creative broad-brush effects, through to the
minutia of the mastering process.
Open plug-in standards — FL Studio supports all PC industry plug-in effect standards including VST (1/2), DX(1/2), Buzz,
and Rewire. This means you can mix with your favorite plug-ins and applications.
Image Line FL Studio 9 Fruity Edition Features:
- Key features and changes to version 9:
- Over 370 additions, changes & bugfixes featuring:
- Sidechaining: The FL Studio Mixer Track Send now has an additional Sidechain mode to support multiple-input mixer plug-ins
- Multi-core CPU (Hyperthreading): Improved multithreaded generator & added multithreaded effects processing
- Multiple controllers: can now control multiple independent instrument channels, assigned by MIDI number
- New volatile linking feature
- Wrapper: Aligned tick lengths checkbox for greater plug-in compatibility
- Revised Playlist
- Playlist track naming & icon: tools for better song organization
- Playlist track mute controls
- Piano roll
- Riff machine: Automatic sequence generator tool.
- Note Grouping: New feature (works on selecting, moving, resizing, deletion, muting, shifting using mouse-wheel)
- More tracks: Now has 99 Insert tracks (up from 64)
- Multi-core CPU support: Added 'multithreaded mixer' tracks processing for improved multi-core performance
- Autogun (free): Sonic adventure, Based on Ogun.
- Sakura (demo): String physical modelling instrument
- Ogun (demo): Additive metal simulation synthesizer
- Gross Beat (demo): Realtime, audio-stream playback, pitch, position and volume manipulation effect
- Stereo Shaper (free): Mid / Side stereo processing
- SimSynth Live, DrumSynth Live, DX-10, WASP and WASP XT are now included in FL Studio
- Fruity Reeverb 2: Added Mid vs Side input signal processing
- Fruity Wrapper: Now supports multiple inputs/outputs (free)
- Wavecandy: Visualization & analysis tools (free)
- Fruity Limiter: Compressor section now has sidechaining (free)
- Presets: Drop effect presets onto mixer tracks & channels, mixer track presets onto effect slots and channels, channel
& generator presets onto mixer tracks & effect slots
- Windows file shell menu: Available from Browser (right-click) item menu
- All FL Studio demo versions are fully featured, giving you access to features associated with the highest level of the
program (Producer Edition). Compose new songs and export them to WAV, MP3 or OGG. The only limitation is that projects saved
in demo mode will only open fully once FL Studio and plug-ins have been registered. This gives you the ability to save recover
your original projects post-purchase.
- FL9 will fit easily within your current software supporting VST/VSTi/VST2, DXi, DXi2, MP3, WAV, OGG, MIDI, ASIO, ASIO
2, REWIRE, REX 1 & 2
- Additionally supported through DirectWave Editor: AKAI AKP (S5/6K,Z4,Z8), Battery (version 1), MPC, Reason, Kurzweil,
EXS24, KONTAKT (version 1 & 2), Recycle, SFZ+, and SoundFont2
- FL Studio not only supports VST, DX, & ReWire plug-ins and includes Image Line's own advanced FL Studio 'native plug-in'
architecture. The FL native format overcomes several major limitations of the VST & VST2 format and allows:
- Quick linking of controls and automation. Simply right click any knob or slider to link it to a (MIDI or internal) controller
and automate it.
- Full expressive control per note control (pitch, volume & panning), and multiple independent note slides which are color-coded
in the Piano roll.
- FL Studio is one of the most open virtual music studios currently available. It (natively) hosts:
- •FL Studio plug-ins
- •VST Effects & VSTi Instruments
- •ReWire clients
- •DX Effects & DXi Instruments
- •Buzz Effects & Instruments
If you want to use your existing sequencer, just plug FL Studio into any host
you can find. It works as a multi-out client, including as a VSTi client, ReWire client, and DXi client.
- FL Studio can be loaded and used as a VSTi or DXi2 instrument in a compatible host application. In this mode the output
is sent to the host and the play/stop events and tempo are synchronized. Control of FL Studio channels and parameters using
MIDI messages is supported, and you can also send each plug-in's output to a separate output if the host supports VSTi/DXi
plug-ins with multiple outputs.
- Multi-out VSTi, Rewire & DXi softsynths
- VST & DX effects
- FPC: Fruity Pad Controller
- FL Studio Generators & FX
- Usable as multi-out VSTi client in hosts like Cubase
- Usable as multi-out ReWire client in hosts like Sonar
- Usable as multi-out DXi client in hosts like Sonar
- Use external MIDI keyboards & MIDI controllers
- Import & export MIDI files
- MIDI SysEx input and basic MMC functions
- Audio support
- Reads .WAV, .MP3, .SYN, .DS, .Speech files
- Step sequencer with integrated Piano keyboard
- Pianoroll (allowing chords)
- Full, realtime recording & automation of all parameters
- Internal controllers
- Automatic slicer (that reads .REX files)
- More than 15 generators (softsynths) included
- Over 40 HQ FX (effects) included
- Pattern-based event automation
Mixer & FX rack
- 99 Insert & 4 Send Tracks with 8 FX channels each
- Post FX Parametric EQ, Volume, Pan, VU meter
- Full FX (re)routing
Updates & Online features
- Lifetime Free updates available
- Download more than 2GB of HQ samples on SampleFusion
- Watch dozens of online Video Tutorials
- Exchange songs & tips with users & developers in our forums
- Multi-out ASIO
- MIDI out
- Render to .WAV (16-bit, 24-bit or 32-bit)
- Render to .MP3 (32K-bit up to 320K-bit)
- Render to .OGG (32K-bit up to 450K-bit)
- Render separate 'stems' for each mixer track
- FL versions of SimSynth Live, DX-10, DrumSynth, WASP, WASP XT, SynthMaker Player
- Delay, Delay Bank, Equo, Flangus, Love Philter, Vocoder, Parametric EQ & EQ2, Multiband Compressor, Spectroman, Stereo
Enhancer, Wave Candy, Wave Shaper, Soundgoodizer
- 3xOsc, Sampler, BooBass, Beepmap, Plucked, Fruit Kick, Chrome, FPC, WaveTraveller, Dashboard, KB Controller, Fruity Vibrator,
MIDI Out, FL Slayer, FL Keys, Granuliser
- DirectWave Player
- +1900 presets using 600 WAV files
- Generic Sample CD
This open-architecture DAW environment makes it easy to turn ideas into big songs. Order
Image Line FL Studio 9 Fruity Edition Specifications:
- Minimum System Requirements
- 2Ghz AMD or Intel Pentium 3 compatible CPU with full SSE1 support
- (or) Intel Mac with Bootcamp (running XP or Vista)
- Windows 7, Vista, XP & 2000 (32- & 64-bit)
- 512MB RAM
- 500MB Free hard disk space
- Windows-compatible soundcard with DirectSound drivers. ASIO drivers are required for audio recording (FL installer comes
with generic Asio4All drivers)
- The faster your CPU, the more channels you will be able to run simultaneously and/or the more effects you will be able
to use. The more memory you have the larger the samples you will be able to load.