Provides high-quality multi-format recording and playback with 40 recording setups, USB connectivity,
The new Korg MR-2 provides the same benefits to the audio enthusiast or recording professional—
impeccable fidelity in a hand-held unit that is completely self-contained. Imagine the flexibility of being able to record
anywhere at any time with superb audio quality. This—and more—is what the MR-2 can offer.
The MR-2 was
made to be your audio butterfly net. With it, you'll never miss a musical moment, whether it's a band rehearsal, performance,
concert, your own personal practice—or any event, for that matter. Recordings made on the MR-2 can be converted into
nearly any multi-bit format for use on any project and within any DAW software/hardware platform.
DSD - astounding
DSD is the highest quality audio format available today, using Direct Stream Digital technology to faithfully reproduce the
original sound. Today, DSD is used by recording and mastering studios around the world as the preferred audio format for recording
and mastering. The MR-2 lets you experience DSD audio for yourself. When recording DSD audio, the signal is recorded without
further conversion, and can then be played back in its original format, ensuring that every sparkling nuance of the sound
is reproduced. This means that a DSD recording is able to preserve the sound in a form that is closest to the original sound,
making it suitable as a future proof archive that can support changes in formats through the years. Top engineers and mastering
experts proclaim that DSD offers the closest representation of analog warmth and the presence of the original recording than
any other format.
Today, audio quality is an important consideration, even for mobile recorders. The KORG MR-2 is simply the highest resolution
portable recorder available, covering every need—from critical recording of music performances to field recording. Despite
its compact and convenient size, the Korg MR-2 supports a wide range of audio formats.
The pro-quality stereo electret condenser mic built into the MR-2 can rotate a total of 210° toward the front, top, or
rear of the unit in eight 30° steps. This gives you the freedom to point the mic toward the target recording source. The
MR-2 also provides two screw mounts for attaching to general-purpose camera tripod, allowing flexible miking and positioning.
There's also an external input jack for you to connect your favorite mic.
Analog limiter, low-cut filter,
and bass EQ are built in
Squeezed into the MR-2's handy size are an analog limiter, a low-cut filter, and a bass EQ. To ensure that the benefits of
the MR-2's high-quality DSD recording are unimpaired, this high-performance analog circuitry is under accurate digital control,
just as in the sophisticated consoles used in professional recording studios. This thoughtful design elevates recordings on
the MR-2 to an even higher level of quality.
40 Recording Setups match the MR-2 to a variety of recording
The MR-2 includes 40 easily selectable Recording Setups. Each contains its own settings for mic sensitivity, input level,
analog limiter, low-cut-filter, and bass EQ. These setups offer optimized settings for a range of recording environments such
as ensemble performances, solo vocal, or piano performance, as well as settings suitable for field recording or documenting
meetings. It's just like having your own personal recording engineer at your side. This allows anyone to easily make pro-quality
recordings using the Korg MR-2. The addition of 10 user-programmable setups provides ready-to-record settings for specific
tasks, and eliminates repetitive steps when recording in a known environment over multiple days.
A high-performance and highly reliable KORG chromatic tuner is built in. Calibration is adjustable in 1Hz steps over a range
of 435Hz to 445Hz. This is perfect for capturing quick ideas when practicing and during rehearsals.
with highly visible display and controls
The MR-2 features a highly visible 128 x 128 pixel liquid crystal display. The noiseless backlight allows operation even in
dim locations. Dedicated buttons and switches allow quick adjustments of input level, Hold on/off, etc.
store and manage data on SD/SDHD cards
Data recorded on the MR-2 is stored directly to an SD/SDHC (sold separately) card. There is no motor—as would be required
for a hard drive—so there's no danger of unwanted drive noise being captured and recorded. SD/SDHD media is widely used;
the recorded data can be conveniently stored on individual cards. The recorded data consists of two files, the audio file
and the project file (containing project and mark information), and these two files are collectively referred to as a project.
On the MR-2, a project is handled as if it were a single audio file, and project operations such as renaming, deleting, and
song editing can be performed on the MR-2 itself. Up to 400 projects can be created on the MR-2 in each recording date folder.
USB 2.0 computer port
The MR-2 is equipped with a USB 2.0 connector (Mini-B connector) that allows the recorded data to be transferred to your computer
at a high rate of speed. This connection also allows the MR-2 to be used as a USB card reader and to charge while connected
to your computer.
Two-way power supply
Two AA nickel-metal hydride batteries (1900 mAh) allow approximately four hours of continuous recording or playback. USB bus
power is also supported. (Note: Nickel-metal hydride batteries cannot be recharged using bus power.)
The MR-2 is bundled with Korg's AudioGate audio format conversion software. In addition to converting files from 1-bit DSD
to multi-bit PCM (or vice versa) this software is an ideal way to edit the recorded material or to manage your archival masters.
By using AudioGate, you can take advantage of "MR style" recording in which you record the material in DSD format, and then
convert the file as appropriate for the task at hand. This method assures you will be preserving the highest audio quality
at all times. In fact, many experts have judged that audio recorded at these high DSD rates and then converted downward sound
better than recordings originally made at these lower rates.
AudioGateV2.0 supports reading and writing of numerous
audio formats including DSD, WAV, AIFF, FLAC and MP3. Audio CDs—and even DSD discs—can be read and written. AudioGateV2.0
can use the computational power of your computer to apply painstaking optimization to your data. For example during conversion,
you can use the Normalize function to automatically export the data at the optimized level, and even choose from two different
types of dither processing: TPDF Dither which improves the quality of the exported product, or KORG's newly developed Noise
Shaped Dither (KORG AQUA) which matches the perceptual response of human hearing. This means you'll be able to easily create
high-quality audio CDs that are a step above what could be created by common CD-writing practices.
Korg MR-2 High-Resolution Mobile Recorder Features:
- Multi-format recording and playback, including SACD ultra-high quality 1-bit DSD@2.8224 MHz; multi-bit PCM formats up
- DSDIFF/WSD/DSF/WAV[BWF]/MP3/MP2 recording and playback are supported
- High-performance X-Y configuration stereo electret condenser mic; capable of rotating 210 degrees
- Screw mounts provided on two surfaces allow mounting to a commercially available camera tripod for flexible placement
- High-performance analog limiter, low-cut filter, and bass EQ are provided
- 40 Recording setups call up specific mic sensitivity, limiter, low-cut filter, and bass EQ settings to suit a variety
- Ten custom user settings can be memorized
- Records directly to (and plays back from) SD or SDHD cards
- USB 2.0 (Mini-B type USB connector) allows high-speed data transfer to and from a computer
- Convenient, high-performance KORG chromatic tuner is built in
- 128 x 128 pixel LCD with noiseless backlight provides excellent visibility
- Two-way power; operates either on two AA nickel-metal hydride batteries, or on USB bus power
- Install CD ("AudioGate" audio file conversion application)
Capture your most valuable audio with this top-notch recorder. Order today!
Korg MR-2 High-Resolution Mobile Recorder Specifications:
- Recorder section
- Number of tracks:
- 2 tracks
- 2 tracks simultaneous playback
- 2 tracks simultaneous recording
- Compressed audio format
- MP2 format (extension .mp2)
- 48kHz@128, 192, 256, 320kbps
- MP3 format (extension .mp3)
- 44.1kHz@128, 192, 256, 320kbps
PCM audio format
- WAV format (extension .wav), BWF compliant
- 44.1kHz @ 16/24-bit, 48kHz @ 16/24-bit
- 88.2kHz @ 24-bit, 96kHz @ 24-bit
- 176.4kHz @ 24-bit, 192kHz @ 24-bit
1-bit audio format
- 2.8 MHz @ 1-bit
- DSDIFF format (extension .dff), DSF (extension .dsf), WSD (extension .wsd)
- Maximum 6 hours @ 44.1kHz/16-bit (for 4GB memory card)
- Maximum continuous recording 6 hours
Number of projects: Recognizes a maximum of 400 projects of each date folder
- Mark points: 100 points per project *No mark names
- USB functionality: Connect to computer via USB 2.0, usable as FAT32 USB removable drive
- Song editing: Rename, Delete, Protect
- Temperament: Equal temperament, chromatic tuner
- Range (sine wave): 27.50Hz-1,318.5Hz (A0-E6)
- Reference pitch: A = 435-445Hz
Memory Card (SD)
- Supported cards: SD and SDHC cards with a capacity of 512MB-32GB
- (SDHC card of class 4 or higher recommended)
- Display: 128 x 128 pixel LCD with backlight
- Power supply: AA/LR6 alkaline battery x 2; AA nickel-metal hydride battery x 2; USB bus power
- Power consumption: 1.5W
- Dimensions: (W x D x H): 2.52" x 4.72" x 0.9"
- Weight: 4.94 oz. (not including a memory card and batteries)
- Frequency response:
- 20Hz-20kHz ±1.5dB (MP2/MP3)
- 10Hz-20kHz ±1.5dB @Fs44.1kHz/48kHz
- 10Hz-40kHz ±1.5dB @Fs88.2kHz/96kHz/176.4kHz/192kHz
- 10Hz-100kHz (1-bit)
S/N: 90dB (typical) @IHF-A
- THD+N: 0.018% (typical) 20Hz-20kHz
- A/D conversion: 2.8224 MHz (1-bit), 24-bit (PCM)
- D/A conversion: 2.8224 MHz (1-bit), 24-bit (PCM)
- Connector: 3.5mm stereo mini phone jack (switchable to Plug-in-Power)
- Input impedance: 10kΩ
- Nominal level: -39dBV
- Maximum level: -27dBV
- Connector: 3.5mm stereo mini phone jack
- Input impedance: 75kΩ
- Nominal level: -10dBV
- Maximum level: +2dBV
- Connector: 3.5mm stereo mini phone jack
- Maximum level: 20 mW+20 mW @ 16Ω
- Connector: Type mini-B
- Format: USB 2.0 compliant, USB mass storage class
- Supported operating systems: Windows 2000, or later; Mac OS X 10.4 or later
AudioGate (v2.0) System Requirements
- Supported OS:
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition/Professional Edition Service Pack 3 or later
- Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or later
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Pentium III/1GHz or faster
- Memory: 256MB or larger (512 or larger recommended)
- Hardware: A USB port that meets the operating requirements of Windows;
- A writable CD/DVD drive is required in order to create audio CDs or DSD discs.
Mac OS X
- Supported OS:
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Processor:Apple G4/800MHz or faster (Intel-based Mac recommended)
- Memory: 256MB or larger (512 or larger recommended)
- Hardware: A USB port that meets the operating requirements of Mac OS X;
- A writable CD/DVD drive is required in order to create audio CDs or DSD discs