A compact and versatile audio interface with hybrid FireWire/USB2 connectivity, on-board mixing and
effects, and superb sound.
As the first-ever "hybrid" audio interface of its kind, the MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid provides flexible
and mobile operation via FireWire or hi-speed USB2 connectivity to a Mac or PC computer, with professional audio quality at
sample rates up to 192 kHz and plenty of I/O, including two mic/instrument inputs, six line-level analog inputs, ten channels
of analog output, stereo S/PDIF and a stereo headphone output.
Housed in a rugged, compact half-rack enclosure you
can take anywhere, the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid Audio Interface is equally well-suited for studio and stage, with or without a
computer. As an interface or standalone mixer, the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid provides 10 separate inputs and 14 separate outputs.
all of your recording studio equipment, including microphones, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines, effects processors
and even MIDI devices to this MOTU audio interface. Record, monitor, route and process all of these live inputs using the
professional on-board CueMix FX digital mixer — with no latency and no processor strain on your computer. Apply hardware
DSP-driven effects processing to inputs, outputs, and busses independent of your host computer. Add Classic Reverb with lengths
up to 60 seconds. Further sculpt your sound with 7-band parametric EQ featuring filter types carefully modeled after British
analog console EQs. The MOTU UltraLite lets you choose between two forms of compression: a conventional compressor and the
Leveler, an accurate model of the legendary LA-2A optical compressor that provides vintage, musical automatic gain control.
MOTU audio interface's included CueMix FX cross-platform mixing software provides attractive graphic mixing, graphic editing
of parametric EQ, and a convenient tabbed interface for quick access to all features in one window. Advanced signal analysis
tools include a full-screen real-time FFT display, spectrogram "waterfall" display, oscilloscope, X-Y plot and linear or polar
After programming the on-board mixing in the studio, unplug the MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid from the
computer and take it on the road for operation as a stand-alone mixer with effects. All mixing and effects parameters are
adjustable using the front panel backlit LCD.
The MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid Interface provides cross-platform compatibility
with Mac and Windows and all of your favorite audio software and host-based effects via WDM/ASIO/Core Audio drivers. Or you
can use the included AudioDesk workstation software for Mac, with 24-bit recording/editing and 32-bit mixing/processing/mastering.
MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid Audio Interface Features:
- Hybrid FireWire/USB2 connectivity — connect to your computer via either bus-powered FireWire or hi-speed USB2.
- CueMix FX — flexible 10 input/14 bus mixer with on-board DSP effects, including reverb with sends/returns, plus
EQ and compression on every input and output.
- 10 inputs/14 outputs — there's no channel sharing in the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid; the mic inputs, S/PDIF I/O, headphone
out and main outs are all handled as separate channels.
- Classic Reverb — provides five different room types, three frequency shelves with adjustable crossover points, shelf
filtering and reverb lengths up to 60 seconds.
- Two forms of compression — a standard compressor with conventional threshold/ratio/attack/release/gain controls
and the Leveler, an accurate model of the legendary LA-2A optical compressor, which provides vintage, musical automatic gain
- Modeled EQ — provides 7-band parametric EQ modeled after British analog console EQs, featuring 4 filter styles (gain/Q
profiles) to effectively cover a wide range of audio material. LP and HP filters are also supplied with slopes that range
from 6 to 36 dB.
- CueMix FX cross-platform mixing software — attractive graphic mixing, graphic editing of parametric EQ and a convenient
tabbed interface for quick access to all features in one window. Also provides full-screen real-time FFT display, spectrogram
"waterfall" display, oscilloscope, X-Y plot and linear or polar phase analysis.
- Front-panel control — access any setting in your entire UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid mix directly from the front panel.
- "Reverb return" stream — allows users to record or mix UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid reverb output separately in their DAW.
Effects can also be applied when the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid is operating stand-alone (without a computer) as a complete stand-alone
- Stand-alone operation — program your mixes at the studio and then bring the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid to your gig —
no computer needed. Just plug in the included power adapter and you are ready to go. Need to tweak the mix? Do it on site
using the back-lit LCD and front-panel controls.
- Multiple CueMix FX mixes — for example, create different monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones. Or add
send/return loops for outboard gear — with no latency.
- Two combo jacks provide hi-Z ¼ " guitar input or low-Z XLR mic input with phantom power, pad and plenty of gain.
- Eight 24-bit 192kHz analog inputs and outputs on balanced/unbalanced ¼ " TRS jacks
- Precision Digital Trim — Digitally controlled analog trim on all analog inputs (mic/guitar inputs plus quarter-inch
TRS inputs) provides accurate adjustments in 1 dB increments. Fine-tune the balance of your analog inputs and then save/recall
- Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS) — a DSP-driven phase lock engine and internal clock source that produces imperceptibly
low jitter characteristics (below the noise floor), even when the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid is resolved to an external clock source
via SMPTE time code.
- Time code support — directly resolves to (or generates) time code via any quarter-inch input or output, without
the need for an extra synchronizer.
- Sample-accurate MIDI — connect a MIDI controller and/or sound module with no separate interface needed. MIDI I/O
is sample-accurate with supporting software.
- Expandable — add additional interfaces for more I/O as your needs grow.
- Separate TRS main outs with front panel volume control.
- Stereo 24-bit 96kHz S/PDIF in/out.
- Includes drivers for Mac & PC, including ASIO, WDM, Wave, Core Audio, and Core MIDI. Supports all popular Mac and Windows
- 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today's popular audio programs.
- Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for the Mac with recording, editing, mixing, real-time
32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync.
- Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire or USB2.
- Front panel volume control for monitoring. Stereo, Quad, 6.1, 7.1 and user-defined surround monitoring setups available.
- Front panel headphone jack with volume control.
- Bus-powered FireWire operation. No need for external power when operating as a FireWire interface connected to a computer.
A power supply is included for stand-alone operation.
Order an interface that has it all.