Trade up and get the composer's dream software.
If you own Sibelius Finale, Encore, Mosaic, Sibelius Student Edition, or Notation this competitive crossgrade
lets you move up to Sibelius 6.2 at a special low price.
Sibelius 6.2 fixes a number of bugs in previous versions and
includes a number of small improvements.
Improvements in Sibelius 6.2
•Sibelius is now a multi-lingual application, with all six supported languages inside the same installer. Sibelius will
automatically run in the language of your existing serial number, or in the language of your operating system. To change the
language that Sibelius runs in, use the new Language page of Preferences.
•If you have a Sibelius network site license for Sibelius, you can now check out licenses onto student or teacher machines
for a limited time. You can designate some of the floating licenses in your site license to be checked out, allowing that
many seats to be temporarily removed from the pool of floating licenses so that they can be used on machines disconnected
from the school network.
•Sibelius for Mac will now offer to upload crash logs generated when the application quits unexpectedly, to help us improve
software quality. You are recommended to click Yes if prompted: no personal information is transmitted.
•New option Truncate notes at end of bars when using Edit > Repeat on the Note Input page of Preferences, switched off
by default. When switched on, this option restores the behavior of Edit > Repeat from Sibelius 5, whereby repeating a note
when not in note input mode (i.e. no caret is visible) that is longer than the remainder of the bar truncates the value of
the new note to the length of the bar, rather than tying it into the next bar.
•A number of new chord symbol types have been added to the default library of chord symbols, including: major 7 chords
with sharp 9ths, sharp 4ths and sharp 5ths; major 7/9/11/13 chords with two alterations; "add 11" chords; "7 b5" and "7b9"
chords; and more besides.
•New Hyphens allowed to disappear when syllables are too close together option on the Text page of House Style > Engraving
Rules, switched on in both new scores and existing scores.
•Sibelius 6 now correctly recognizes Kontakt 4 as a Kontakt-type device, allowing it to load sounds automatically, provided
a suitable sound set is available.
•Sibelius now offers to change the staff and/or page size when you add or remove instruments from your score. It also
now intelligently determines a suitable combination of page and staff size when importing MIDI and PhotoScore/AudioScore files,
to try and ensure a good vertical layout at all times.
•Sibelius for Mac is now supplied with OpenType versions of the Opus, Inkpen2, Reprise and Helsinki font families. These
fonts provide improved compatibility with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
•Sibelius now supports the embedding of OpenType fonts in exported EPS files.
•Some users of Sibelius for Mac have experienced intermittent or persistent crashes or hangs when choosing File > Save
As or using Save as PDF via the File > Print dialog. Sibelius 6.2 now includes a workaround that should prevent this crash
from occurring in future (although it cannot be fixed altogether without Apple's help).
Sibelius 6 is a giant leap forward in notation software — with amazing new features and improvements for educators,
students, composers, arrangers, copyists and musicians of all kinds.
With Sibelius 6 Professional Notation you have
the opportunity to compose music on your computer or jot down your ideas wherever inspiration strikes and you're still covered.
This is a composer's dream software package.
Sibelius 6 is a giant leap forward in notation software—with amazing new-to-the-series features and improvements for
educators, students, composers, arrangers, copyists, and musicians of all kinds.
No more tidying up scores
Sibelius' Magnetic Layout takes care of almost every detail of score layout for you—so effortlessly, you'll hardly notice.
As you write, it gives everything just the right amount of space and avoids collisions—producing beautiful results.
This one feature saves you up to half your writing time.
Track changes and compare versions
Have you ever written something better the first time around? Siblius 6's Versions keeps track of revisions to your score,
lets you look back at earlier versions of it, and see what changes were made since. Collaboration becomes a joy, and you can
even add sticky Comments to leave notes for yourself, or others.
Conduct your scores
It's time to take to the podium. Live Tempo lets you conduct the playback of your score to produce a nuanced, musical performance.
Simply tap a key on your computer keyboard, MIDI keyboard, or foot pedal, and Sibelius follows your beat.
new sounds—in no time
High-quality playback now needs no set-up at all—just hit the space bar, and Sibelius 6 plays back using amazing sampled
sounds. High-quality playback is more seamlessly integrated than ever, thanks to technology from Digidesign's AIR team.
with sequencers and DAWs
With Sibelius 6, you can add a live performance to an audio recording, or sync a recording with your score playback. You can
do all of this and more thanks to ReWire support, which lets you sync Sibelius playback with products like Pro Tools, Cubase,
Logic, GarageBand, and more.
Beautiful Keyboard & Fretboard windows
If you prefer using a keyboard or guitar to notation, these beautiful new windows are ideal. Simply click on the keys or frets
to input notes and chords—or 'play' your computer's QWERTY keys just like a piano. They're great for teaching, too.
chord symbols & guitar diagrams
Chord symbols and guitar chord diagrams can now be created quickly from your computer keyboard, MIDI keyboard, or MIDI guitar.
Sibelius 6 also features many enhancements and extra notations, including guitar scale diagrams.
Sibelius 6 lets you produce scores so stunning, they're virtually works of art. Slurs are beautiful and controllable. Stemlets
and beamed rests can be added and positioned instantly, as can arpeggio lines. Sibelius 6 will even include cautionary accidentals
automatically—helping you produce performance-ready scores every time.
Sell your scores around the world
SibeliusMusic.com makes it even easier for you to earn an income from electronic sales of your scores around the world. Or
you can just share and exchange scores with fellow musicians and Sibelius users.
Sing in music
People have been asking for years about inputting music from a microphone—and AudioScore lets you do just that. Developed
by Neuratron, creators of PhotoScore, AudioScore lets you input music into Sibelius simply by singing or playing an instrument.
Then hit a button to put the results into Sibelius.
Sibelius 6 Competitive Crossgrade Features:
- New features for Version 6
- Power tools
- Shift-drag moves objects horizontally/vertically
- Alt+drag or Option-drag moves object without moving attachment position
- Ctrl+drag or Command-drag suspends Magnetic Layout while moving
- Tab advances to next bar when inputting chord symbols
- Keypad button to stop note input or deselect (for smartboards)
- View handles—makes ends of lines etc. easier to select
- Use F13-F19 as shortcuts on newer Macs
- Set duration of silence after fermatas (pauses), individually or throughout
- Double-click fader in Mixer resets it to default position
- Shift or Ctrl/Command when opening instrument strip opens all similar/all other strips
- Omit muted staves when exporting MIDI file (option)
Look & feel
- Hide particular toolbar buttons
- Auto-hide toolbar buttons if insufficient room
- Tile multiple open scores
- Move around Symbol and Edit Symbols dialogs with arrow keys, and see symbol names
- Smoother zoom with Ctrl+mouse wheel
- Command+mouse wheel zooms on Mac
- Better keyboard access for dialogs (e.g. Clefs, Symbols, Key Signature) on Mac
- Set paper & desk texture of versions
- Many other look & feel improvements
Engraving & notations
- Dynamics automatically above vocal staves
- Lines split between systems more controllable—e.g. two halves have independent vertical positions and slur/tie shape
- Line ends easier to select
- Chord symbols appear by default as diagrams on guitar notation staves, chord text on other staves
- Tie thickness adjustable
- Tuplets always above notes on vocal staves (option)
- Accidentals persist after mid-bar clef changes
- Width of empty bar varies with bar length (option)
- Automatic breve bar rests in 4/2
- Special staff spacing for multi-staff instruments (e.g. keyboards, divided winds)
- Move rehearsal marks & tempo text up/down without affecting ones on other staves in same place
- Better default positions of many text styles and lines
- Cross-staff beams improved
- Ossia staves improved
- Check Redundancies—hides/deletes unnecessary clef/key/time signature changes etc.
- Export Each Staff as Audio—for importing into a sequencer
- Convert folder of scores to earlier version
- Other plug-ins improved
- Easier network installation
- Client copies can connect from any IP address
- Largest network license now unlimited (previously 255 computers)
- Use same preferences for all users of a computer
- Many editing operations faster, particularly on large selected passages
- Reminds you to save a version when you close a score
- Improved manuscript papers for new scores
- Auto-select US or European paper sizes for new scores or imported files
- Imports octave lines in MusicXML files
- Various bugs fixed
New in PhotoScore Ultimate 5
- New in PhotoScore Ultimate 5:
- Handwritten score recognition
- Dual-engine printed music recognition
- Edit while PhotoScore reads in background
- Advanced scanned image management
- Now recognizes repeat endings, Coda and Segno, cross-staff notes and beams, ornaments (including trills, mordants, turns)
and pedal on/off markings
- Universal Binary application
- Text recognition in up to 120 different
Get the Notation Software you always wanted!
Sibelius 6 Competitive Crossgrade Specifications:
- Minimum hardware requirements
- Win: Windows XP 32-bit SP2 or later, or Windows Vista 32-bit SP1 or later, 512MB+ RAM, 550MB hard disk space, DVD-ROM
- Mac: OS X 10.4.9 or later or Mac OS X 10.5, 512MB+ RAM, 550MB hard disk space, DVD-ROM drive
for using the included Sibelius Sounds Essentials sound library
- Windows: Intel Core Duo or AMD Turion or better, 1GB+ total physical RAM (2GB recommended), 3.5GB total hard disk space,
- Mac: Intel Core Duo or better, 1GB+ total physical RAM (2GB recommended), 3.5GB total hard disk space
can use Sibelius Sounds Essentials if your computer doesn't meet the recommended requirements, but you may find that you cannot
use as many sounds simultaneously.
If you have an external hardware MIDI playback device that you wish to use with
Sibelius 6, please check that a compatible sound set is available.