Super thick and sweet crunch that brings 3X the rock!
The uniquely designed DD3X Double Drive 3X Distortion Pedal from Tech 21 captures the lush, muscular
power amp distortions of both Class A and Class A/B tube amps. The tones can be used individually or you can feed one into
the other for massive 'cascading' distortion and limitless tonal variations. The 100% analog Double Drive 3X is a 3-channel,
fully programmable version of its single channel predecessor and features active 3-band EQ. The expanded tone section gives
you even greater flexibility to create incredible and original tones. You can store three custom sounds, even on the fly,
by simply tweaking the knobs and double-tapping on a footswitch. How easy is that? And, with both Drives at minimum, you can
program a clean boost up to 10dB for blazing solos.
DRIVE A controls the amount of Class A power amp output stage distortion
(like Vox AC30®-style amp), rich in even harmonics. The amount of harmonics is dynamically controlled by the input level
and their ratio by how hard you pick.
DRIVE A/B controls the amount of Class A/B power amp output stage distortion
(like Fender®/Marshall®-style amps), rich in odd harmonics.
The signal path of Drive A runs into the signal
path of Drive A/B. This results in an electronic multiplication, rather than addition, of the amount of distortion to achieve
a cascading effect.
Tech 21 DD3X Double Drive 3X Distortion Pedal Features:
- LEVEL is capable of extremely high output, up to 10dB (even in clean setting). Useful as a "pre-boost" for additional
gain out of your amp without altering any tonal characteristics.
- 1/4" INPUT is 1megOhm high impedance input, same as traditional tube amps.
- 1/4" OUTPUT is 1kOhm low impedance output.
- Can drive long cables without loss of signal integrity, even in bypass.
- LED is highly efficient and low power consuming. It will fade as the battery runs low (±6.5V), although the Double
Drive will continue to operate.
- Utilizes standard 9V alkaline battery (not included) or optional power supply:
- Tech 21 Model #DC2.
- Power Consumption: approx. 5mA.
Sometimes more is more. Call or click today to order.