A virtual Pultec style equalizer that captures every nuance of the classic hardware version.
Softube and Tube-Tech partner up once again to release another Tube-Tech classic – a dead-on digital
version of the PE 1C program equalizer. The Tube-Tech PE 1C plug-in by Softube captures every nuance of the hardware version.
It has an extremely analog sound that is evident as soon as you start using it. Every aspect of this studio standard, 25 years
in the making, is now finally available as a plug-in.
The PE 1C is based on the very first Tube-Tech design made 25
years ago and today the PE 1C is a modern classic still in production, widely used and appreciated by those that seek that
magic but elusive vintage Pultec sound.
The Tube-Tech PE 1C is a passive, tube-based equalizer suitable for many different
sources ranging from bass drums and guitars to vocals. The equalizer features a Low Frequency section made up of two low shelf
filters, which can be combined to attenuate and boost at the same time. These filters are actually a bit apart in frequency
– even if they are controlled by the same frequency selector. The High Frequency section has a peak and shelving filter
working in parallel, which provides a smooth top end while not getting too bright.
The ability to combine the different
filters and sections is what gives the PE 1C its characteristic sound and is something which plays a crucial part in explaining
the classic Pultec sound.
Low Frequency Section
Two low shelf filters make up the low frequency section. One filter is made for boosting and the other for attenuating, the
two can be combined with an effect unique to this equalizer.
High Frequency Boost
The High Frequency Section is made up of a peak filter for boosting the signal and a high shelf filter for attenuating. The
PE 1C is known for its smooth top end, it can really help with opening up a vocal track for example!
The High Frequency attenuation works independently of the high frequency boost controls. Select the desired frequency with
the Atten Sel switch and choose amount of attenuation with the Atten knob.
Additional Output Gain
In addition to the classic controls, Softube added an Output Gain control.
NOTE: Requires iLok USB key. The iLok is
a hardware dongle, much like other dongles you might have got when you bought other software. The difference is that the iLok
dongle supports different products by different manufacturers, so that you will only need one iLok instead of separate dongles
for each manufacturer.
Tube-Tech PE 1C EQ Plug-inÿ- TDM Download Features:
- The Pultec style equalizer
- Classic Tube-Tech sound, created together with the designers at Lydkraft/Tube-Tech
- Each and every component carefully modeled
- Unique interaction between filters
- Modeled output transformer
- Extremely analog behavior of frequencies, phase, distortion, etc.
- CPU friendly
Get the vintage sound you want at a price you can afford!
Tube-Tech PE 1C EQ Plug-inÿ- TDM Download Specifications:
- 4 low frequency boosts: 20, 30, 60 and 100 Hz (0 to +14 dB)
- 4 low frequency attenuations: 20, 30, 60 and 100 Hz (0 to -18 dB)
- 10 high frequency boosts with variable bandwidth: 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12 and 16 kHz (0 to +18 dB with sharp bandwidth
sharp, 0 to +10 dB with broad bandwidth)
- 3 high frequency attenuations: 5, 10 and 20 kHz (0 to +18 dB)
- Frequency response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 40 kHz
- Low noise: < -85 dB @ -10 dB gain
- Pro Tools | HD Accel with Pro Tools 7.0 or higher
- System must meet requirements for Pro Tools HD from Digidesign
- Mac OS X (10.4 or higher) or Windows XP (or higher)
- iLok USB key and the latest Pace Interlok drivers