Old-style sound and appearance.
Clawhammer style banjoists tend to prefer plucking their banjos over the fingerboard where the pot and
the neck join. For greater comfort, Deering builds in a traditional "scoop" that allows more room for the fingers and thumb
of the right hand to pluck the strings without hitting the fingerboard. To re-create the old fashioned sound and appearance,
we install a classic "no knot tailpiece," a fiberskyn head, straight back planetary tuning pegs and a traditional, old timey
sound. This banjo's rim and neck are based on the Vega Little Wonder but designed specifically for the old time players.
Vega Old Tyme Wonder Banjo Features:
- Deep Warm Brown Stained Maple
- Deering Neck Shape with Scoop
- 3-ply Maple Rim, Planetary Tuners
- Shoe & Screw Bracket Assembly
- Fiberskyn Head, No Knot Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated, Satin Finish