Pearl's SST (Superior Shell Technology) delivers great boom for your bucks.
The Pearl Competitor Bass Drum offers tremendous value and performance. 8-ply mahogany shells with 6
strategically placed air vents make these drums highly efficient. 6-ply maple hoops provide a rigid mount for the triple-reinforced
claws that anchor securely to the zinc lug casings.
Competitor Bass Drum shells feature 8-ply mahogany shells crafted
by Pearl s Secure Shell Technology. Mahogany s excellent response in mid to low registers, fostered by the wood s loosely
packed cellulose structure, quickly established it as a standard in the drum making industry during early twentieth century.
Pearl s 45-degree bearing edge maximizes the volume of these thunderous air chambers. To compliment these shells, 1.5 wide,
6-ply, high gloss black maple hoops are secured by extra wide claws to provide evenly dispersed grip and consistent tuning.
Superior Shell Technology process uses proprietary techniques to create the ultimate air channel. Select maple, chosen for
its unique acoustical attributes, is milled to precise thickness with overlapping scarf joint seams for a perfect air-tight
fit. The wood plies are saturated with Pearl's proprietary "AcoustiGlue" that permeates every pour and dries to the exact
consistency of the wood for optimum resonance. Finally, the plies are formed in high-temperature molds with 1000 PSI of hydraulic
pressure to produce perfect drum shells that exhibit superior tone, optimal resonance, and extreme strength.
Pearl competitor bass drum Features:
- 8-ply mahogany shell offers low weight and outstanding tone
- Angle-cut bearing edges enhance resonance and sustain
- 1-1/2" wide 6-ply maple hoops provide excellent strength and durability
- Die-cast zinc tension lugs are designed for years of heavy use
- Super tough high gloss black hoops look as good as they perform
- 6 air vents are located for optimum acoustics, allowing quick air exit for unsurpassed playing response and projection
Save BIG when you buy today!