Welcome to your personal tonal time machine.
The Bugera V55 tube guitar amp captures the musicality of amps from the 1960s that to this day, remain
the guitarist's choice for their ability to respond very dynamically to each players' nuances. Bugera's stunning 1x12 combo
boasts modern touches that put an even wider palette of vintage voicings at your fingertips.
Bugera went to great
lengths to give the V55 tube amp the ability to deliver everything those dusty relics of the rock revolution did—minus
the collector-sized pricetags. But in true Bugera fashion this labor of love was taken one step farther to give you maximum
tonal possibilities. To explain, let's take a quick detour to the late 1940s.
Before hillbillies began co-opting the
blues, amps came in two varieties: those with triode (having three active electrodes) power valves and those with pentode
(containing five active electrodes) power valves. Triode valves, which predated the pentodes, provide what many guitarists
agree is a "softer" tone. Pentodes produce a slightly more urgent, aggressive sound. This Bugera amp runs on power pentode
tubes, but include a Mode switch that lets you run the power section as if it had triode tubes—that is, at about 40
percent less power. This gives you the option of going beyond old-school—straight to elderly school.
amps that defined electric guitar tone were often single-channel amps. These amplifiers offer that same vintage clean, but
add a second channel for modern high-gain tones. To begin, take your pick of the Bright or Normal inputs, then twist the three-band
EQ (Bass, Mid, Treble) and Presence control to sculpt your signature sound. Depending on which channel you choose, three 12AX7
preamp tubes take your tone anywhere from dignified blues to garage-leveling madness.
The Bugera V55's power stage's
dual 6L6 valves propel this tone through a Bugera 12" speaker. Need to feed more speakers? Both guitar amps have an Impedance
switch that toggles between 4, 8 and 16 Ohms, making them compatible with virtually any speaker cabinet. These amps also have
reverb, but in the interest of tone and durability, their reverb is derived from a studio-caliber digital processor. The spring
reverb found in their post-war predecessors sound lovely, but they're delicate and expensive to repair. The Bugera V55's modern
update gives you an equally mesmerizing vintage reverb sound without the wallet-draining vintage reliability. And if all these
features weren't enough—you also get a road-tough footswitch that allows you to select channels and activate or kill
the reverb remotely. So whether you're in the studio, rehearsing in the garage or pulling into Champagne-Urbana for a gig
that pays two pitchers, the V55 tube guitar amp is able to complement your craft with the gold-standard tones of the past
Bugera V55 55W 1x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp Features:
- Hand-built 55W guitar combo driven by two 6L6 valves
- Original heavy-duty 12" Bugera guitar speakers for true vintage sound
- Authentic 2-channel preamp design from the '60s featuring 3 x 12AX7 valves—everything from purring blues to mind-blowing
- Integrated high-class reverb with dedicated Reverb control
- Vintage Equalizer section with dedicated Bass, Mid, Treble and Presence controls
- Normal and Bright inputs for ultimate sound character to perfectly match your guitar
- Multi-gain stage Lead channel with Pre, Post gain and Master controls
- Heavy-duty footswitch for Channel and Reverb function included
- Mode switch to select between Triode or Pentode operation
- Impedance switch (4, 8 and 16 Ohms) to match virtually any speaker cabinet
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
Bathe your guitar in sunshine-clean California tone and high-gain vintage gruff.