An enduring Guild standard updated with cutting-edge electronics.
The F-412 Jumbo guitar—released in the late 1960s—was the first Guild jumbo 12-string and
it turned out to be one of their most enduring and popular guitars. True to its vintage roots, the Guild F-412 Vintage Acoustic-Electric
with D-TAR sound system has the same body dimensions as the original 12-string guitar—17" wide, 21" long, 4.8" deep.
The F-412 boasts a solid AAA Sitka spruce top, an arched figured maple back and solid figured maple sides. A bound
ebony fingerboard with abalone and mother-of-pearl block inlays, G-shield headstock logo, gold hardware, a pure nitrocellulose
lacquer finish and the D-TAR Wave-Length Load 'N Lock pickup system are just a few of the guitar's enhancements.
quality and wide acceptance of Guild's jumbo 12-string guitars earned the company a permanent place in guitar history. Historians
Tom and Mary Anne Evans wrote, "The basic virtue of Guild 12-strings is that they are very loud and (have) a clarity and definition
of sound not normally associated with 12-string guitars."
One of the keys to that clarity and definition is solid
construction. While the body size and scale length are the same as the 6-string jumbo guitars, Guild 12-strings are 1-13/16"
wide at the nut with a time-tested 12-string jumbo bracing pattern.
The 12-string Guild F412 Vintage Jumbo is equipped
with the Wave-Length pickup system that combines a thin, piezo under-saddle transducer with an 18v, low-noise, high-input
impedance preamp, to deliver twice the dynamic range of typical 9v systems. The 18v preamp is powered by 2 AA batteries and
a voltage converter. With 18 volts, the guitar signal has more headroom, so hard strumming won't distort as easily.
adjustable trim pots—one for low-frequency shelving and one for high-frequency shelving—allow you to fine tune
and set-and-forget the bass and treble frequencies to optimize the Wave-Length for your guitar's size and shape. Wave-Length
transparently amplifies the natural timbre of your Guild F-412 guitar with minimal coloration.
Volume and Tone controls give the ultimate in final control for your tonal palette. But perhaps the coolest part of the system
is D-TAR's new Load 'N Lock system, which guarantees quick and easy AA battery changes. Just unscrew the endpin collar, remove
the old batteries, and pop in the new ones. A quarter turn of the collar is all you need to lock them securely in place.
luxurious appointments on the beautiful Guild 12-string F-412 include an ebony headcap with a pearl Guild logo, dovetail neck
joint with slim heel, lightweight laminated birch tail-block, 30" radius top, red spruce scalloped bracing, bone bridge pins,
white neck, headstock and body bindings with multi-laminate purfling, bone nut and saddle, natural mother-of-pearl and abalone
block position inlays, a tortoise shell pickguard, dual-action truss rod, graphite reinforced neck, and an antique burst finish.
Guild F-412 Vintage Jumbo 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar Features:
- Category: Vintage Jumbo 12-String Guitars
- Body Style: 12-String Jumbo
- Top: Solid AAA Sitka Spruce
- Bracing: Guild Scalloped Red Spruce
- Back: Select Arched Laminated Figured Maple
- Sides: Solid Figured Maple
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Neck: 3-Piece Mahogany/Walnut/Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony, 12" Radius, (305 mm)
- Width at Nut: 1-13/16" (46 mm)
- No. of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25-5/8" (651 mm)
- Hardware: Gold-Plated
- Machine Heads: Custom Gotoh Gold-Plated Open-Back 12-String Tuners
- Pickups: D-TAR Wave-Length Pickup and Preamp System with Load 'N Lock Battery Access.
- Controls: Volume and Tone Controls Surface Mounted Inside the Soundhole,
- Two Adjustable Trim Pots in the Preamp, One Low Frequency Shelving and One High Frequency Shelving
- Pickup Switching: N/A
- Finish: High Gloss (Nitrocellulose Lacquer)
- Strings: D'Addario EXP 38 Coated Phosphor Bronze 12-String, Gauges .010 to .047
Guild F-412 Vintage Jumbo 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar Includes:
- C5217 deluxe hardshell case
Make this Guild yours and wield the awesome power and projection of this vintage jumbo 12-string.