Even if you've played 12-strings before, you owe it to yourself to try this one.
The quality and ubiquity of Guild's jumbo 12-strings have earned them a permanent place in guitar history.
As historians Tom and Mary Anne Evans once wrote, "The basic virtue of Guild 12-strings is that they are very loud and [have]
a clarity and definition of sound not normally associated with 12-string guitars."
One of the keys to achieving that
clarity and definition is solid construction. While the body size and scale length are the same as Guild's 6-string jumbos,
their 12-strings are 1-13/16" wide at the nut, and feature a double truss rod system and their time-tested jumbo bracing pattern.
in the late 1960s as one of Guild's first jumbo 12-strings, the F-512 has solid rosewood back and sides. Painstakingly true
to its vintage roots, this Acoustic-Electric F-512 has the same body dimensions as the original (17" wide, 21" long, 4.8"
deep). It features a solid AAA sitka spruce top, high-quality ebony fingerboard with abalone and mother-of-pearl block inlays,
G-shield headstock inlay, and gold Grover Rotomatic tuning machines. Features the D-TAR Wave-Length/Load and Lock pickup system.
Guild F512 Vintage Jumbo 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar Features:
- Body style: jumbo
- Top: solid AAA spruce
- Bracing: custom X
- Back: solid rosewood
- Sides: solid rosewood
- Bridge: ebony
- Neck: 3-piece mahogany/maple/mahogany
- Fretboard: ebony (12" radius)
- Width at nut: 1-13/16"
- No. Of frets: 20
- Scale length: 25-5/8"
- Hardware: gold
- Machine heads: Grover gold plated Rotomatic die-cast mini-tuners
- Pickup: D-TAR Wave-Length Pickup and Preamp System with Load 'N Lock Battery Access
- Controls: Two adjustable trim pots, one low frequency shelving and one high frequency shelving
- Finish: high gloss (nitro-cellulose lacquer)
- Unique features: Natural Mother-of-Pearl and Abalone Position Inlays, Tortoiseshell Pickguard
- Case: includes C5217 deluxe hardshell case
- Strings: Guild L1250 phosphor bronze, gauges .010 - .049
Guild F512 Vintage Jumbo 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar Includes:
- Guild DELUXE hardshell case
Call or click today to order.
Guild F512 Vintage Jumbo 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar Specifications:
- D-TAR Wave-Length Pickup and Preamp System with Load 'N Lock Battery Access.
- The Wave-Length combines a thin, piezo under-saddle transducer with an 18v, low-noise, high input impedance preamp, to
create a system with twice the dynamic range of typical 9v systems. The 18v preamp is powered by two "AA" batteries and a
voltage converter. With 18 volts, the signal has more headroom, so hard strumming won't distort as easily. The preamp also
has an input for a second source, like a magnetic pickup or a soundboard transducer.
- Two adjustable trim pots, one for low frequency shelving and one for high frequency shelving, allow you to fine tune and
"set and forget" the bass and treble frequencies to optimize the Wave-Length for your instrument's size and shape; enabling
you transparently amplify the natural timbre of your acoustic guitar with minimal coloration. The soundhole mounted Volume
and Tone controls give the ultimate in final control your tonal palette.
- But perhaps the coolest part of the system is D-TAR's new Load 'N Lock
- system, which allows quick and easy "AA" batteries changes. Just unscrew
- the endpin "collar," remove the old batteries, and pop in the new ones. A
- quarter turn of the collar is all you need to lock them in place. D-TAR Wave-
- Length pickups are standard on all of our acoustic/electric guitars.