A breathtaking stage piano with an impossibly low price that weighs only 23.6 pounds.
Casio Privia PX-3: Until now, if you wanted an awesome-sounding piano, that actually played like
a piano, you had to haul around a 75-pound monster that cost almost two grand. No more! You can easily lift Casio s new PX-3
keyboard controller with one hand, pay for it with a weekend of gigging, and use its 250 high-end sounds on your next club
date or scoring project.
You get dazzling vintage and cutting-edge EP s, authentic B-3 s with dial-in rotary effects
and tons of MIDI control at a fraction of the cost and weight of any other stage piano.
Even though it s amazingly
light and affordable, you don t have to compromise one note. The piano sound rivals keyboards costing (and weighing) three
times as much. Casio s Ivory Touch, Tri-Sensor scaled hammer action actually recreates the nuances of playing a top-tier acoustic
grand. This proprietary mechanism triggers four levels of stereo piano samples in Casio s award-winning Linear Morphing System.
128-note polyphony. Half-pedaling. Acoustic Resonance. And it s thrilling to play through tiny combo amps and stadium PA s.
the piano is just the beginning: the PX-3 offers a full-complement of stage- and studio-ready sounds: Powerful brasses, winds,
basses and synth leads with switch-on portamento, plus a composer s grab-bag of great-sounding, non-western instruments and
percussion. Full editing. Sophisticated DSP.
And the MIDI control is all there as well: The PX-3 controls four internal
and four external zones. So during the performance you can play up to four additional instruments or a digital workstation
right from the keyboard via MIDI or USB. Plus, you can instantly edit every internal sound with a comprehensive menu of filters,
envelopes and 64 insert effects like rotary speaker, auto-wah, phasers, choruses and overdrives.
There s so much more:
SD card and USB storage. Internal velocity maps for instant touch control. Four bands of parametric EQ. But the bottom-line
is this: 88-notes of scaled-hammer, real-life acoustic grand piano in a stunning, feather-light, impossibly priced keyboard.
Casio Privia PX3 Features:
- Keyboard: 88-key, 3-sensor scaled hammer action keyboard (mat finish)
- Touch response: 3 sensitivity levels; off
- Type of keyboard: AIF (linear morphing)
- Maximum polyphony: 128
- Number of tones: 250
- Tones: 16 piano tones, 12 electric piano 1 tones, 8 electric piano 2 tones,
- 8 clavitones/vibraphone tones, 18 organ tones, 20 strings/ensemble tones,
- 10 guitar/bass tones, 20 other tones, 128 GM tones, 10 drum sets
- Playing styles: layer, split
- Digital effects: reverb (4 types), chorus (4 types), brilliance, DSP (2 channels, 64 types, editable), 4-band equalizer
- Acoustic resonance system: yes
- Type: demo songs: 4 songs
- SD card slot: supported SD card capacities: 2GB maximum registration memory data store/load, SMF (format 0, 1) card format,
file delete, file rename (Number of songs and song data volume that can be sent from a computer for storage. Capacity based
on 1MB = 1,024KB and 1KB = 1,024 bytes)
- Display screen: Full-dot LCD with backlight
- Pedals: Comes with 1 pedal (SP-3), 2 terminals (damper, soft/sostenuto switching), 3-pedal unit support (when using an
optional 3-pedal unit), half-pedal operation (damper)
- Key transpose: 25 steps (-12 semitones to 0 to +12 semitones)
- Tuning control: A4 = 440Hz ± 99 cents (1 semitone=100 cents)
- MIDI: GM level 1 compliant
- Other functions/features: Tone select button; registrations: 8 banks x 8 sets (64 sets total); master keyboard function;
mixer function; synthesizer; temperaments (preset scale): equal + 16 other types; octave shift; panel lock; pitch bend wheel
(0 to 12 semitones); 2 assignable switches
- Headphones: 2 (standard stereo jacks)
- Pedals: 2 (damper, soft/sostenuto switching), 3-pedal unit connector
- Line out: 2 (L / MONO, R)
- Line in: 2 (L / MONO, R)
- USB: 1 (A commercially available USB cable (A-B type) is required to connect a computer to the USB port. Operating systems
that support USB: Windows XP Home Edition (SP2 or later), Windows XP Professional (SP2 or later, 32-bit versions), Windows
Vista (32-bit versions), Windows 7 (32-bit versions, 64-bit versions), Mac OS X (10.3.9. 10.4.11 or later, 10.5.6 or later,
10.6.2 or later)
- MIDI: In/Out
- External power: DC12V
- Dimensions (not including projections): 11.25" H x 52.04" W x 5.31" D
- Weight: 23.8 lb.
- Finish: black, metallic-tone finish
- Included accessories: pedal (SP-3), music stand, and AC adapter
- Optional accessories (sold separately): piano bench (CB-7), pedal unit (SP-20), carrying case (SC-700P), dust cover, and
Have a tech-savvy, portable grand piano wherever you go when you buy the PX-3.