A blast from the past!
Musicians love the Hofner 500/1 Vintage '63 Violin Bass Guitar. In 1956 Walter Hofner had an idea for
an amplified semi-acoustic bass. When it was brought to life, it proved to be a unique instrument with a smooth, sweet sound
and a playing ease that eludes most ordinary basses. Many players revere Hofner's Violin Bass as a legend because of its historical
significance and its warm, woody, double-bass-like amplified tone.
Named for the year the most familiar version of
the Violin Bass was popularized by by a certain young bass player from Liverpool, the Vintage '63 captures its characteristic
tone - deep, warm and reminiscent of a full-sized string bass. Built to be as durable as its legacy, the compact-sized, easy-to-play,
light-in-weight Vintage '63 is equally at home onstage or in the studio.
Hofner 500/1 Vintage '63 Violin Bass Guitar Features:
- Select German spruce top, back, and sides of flamed maple
- Maple-beech-maple neck
- Rosewood fretboard with 22 frets
- Mother-of-pearl dots
- Scale: 30" (76cm)
- Neck width at nut: 1-5/8" (42mm)
- Machine heads: Hofner 61/73B (4 individual)
- Hofner 72/20B ebony bridge with movable metal saddles for perfect intonation and string spacing
- Hofner 62/30 trapeze brass tailpiece
- Hofner 65/36-P floating pearl celluloid pickguard
- 2 Hofner 511B "Staple" humbucking pickups
- Hofner A2-B control panel with 2 volume controls, 2 on/off switches, and rhythm/solo switch for volume boost
- Nickel-plated hardware
- Antique-brown sunburst finish
Hofner 500/1 Vintage '63 Violin Bass Guitar Includes:
Don't accept imitations: order the real Hofner Violin Bass today.