8-channel I/O expander for ADAT lightpipe equipped audio interfaces, direct-to-disc recorder, or DAW.
The ART TubeOpto8 is a cost-effective 8-channel input/output expander for any ADAT lightpipe-equipped
audio interface, hard disk recorder, or DAW. Eight high-quality, second-generation, discrete, Class A microphone preamps
are packaged in a single rack space with 8-channel, 24-bit digital I/O.
Every input on the ART TubeOpto8 audio interface
offers full control of the signal path with pad, phase, and low-frequency roll-off switches. Input gain and variable output
level control of each channel allows up to 70dB of clean gain (up to 64dB input gain) with incredible sonic transparency,
or for the tube stage to be dialed in for warming effects and soft clipping. Each channel on the ART audio interface has wide-range
LED meters to monitor the preamp output levels while clip indicators monitor mic preamp peak levels.
I/O handles eight channels of 24-bit audio input and output at either 44.1 or 48kHz sample rates. Wordclock in and thru-puts
allow multiple ART TubeOpto8's to be synced in complex system configurations.
ART TubeOpto8 Mic Preamp with ADAT I/O Features:
- 8 fully featured Class-A tube mic preamps
- 8 channels of ADAT lightpipe digital 24-bit audio I/) at 44.1 or 48kHz
- Input gain and output level controls on every channel
- Input pad, phase flip, and low frequency roll-off switches on every channel
- 2 additional front-mounted, high-impedance instrument line inputs
- 8 1/4" TRS balanced outputs
Record more simultaneous channels with any ADAT-compatible interface or hard disk recorder.
ART TubeOpto8 Mic Preamp with ADAT I/O Specifications:
- Input Impedance:
- Mic: 6.4KΩ
- Line: 20KΩ
- Instrument: 2.5MOmega;
- Balanced outputs: 200Ω balanced
- Frequency Response:
- Analog in to Digital out: 12Hz - 20KHz +0, -1dB @ 44.1KHz sample rate
- 1KHz: <.015% @ -30dB ref clipping
- 20-20KHz: < .033%
- HPF: 80Hz, 1-pole
Equivalent Input Noise
- Mic/Line: -130dBu, Input shorted, Max gain, "A" wtd.
- Instrument: -105dBu, Input shorted, Max gain, "A" wtd.
Maximum Input Level
- Mic/line: +18dBu balanced w/Pad
- Instrument: +15dBu
- Meter clip light: -2dB ref. A/D clip (0dB FS)
- Mic: 64dB
- Instrument: 36dB
Maximum Output level
- Balanced: +20dBu
- Unbalanced: +14dBu
- Output level switch: Lowers Max. Output by 10dB @ -10dBV setting
Wordclock Range: 40KHz - 52KHz
- Sample Rate Settings: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, ADAT, Wordclock
- A/D Dynamic Range: 105dB ("A" wtd.)
- D/A Dynamic Range: 105dB ("A" wtd.)
- A/D Latency: 0.667ms(48KHz), 0.725ms(44.1KHz), 32 samples
D/A Latency: 0.458ms(48KHz),
0.500ms(44.1KHz), 22 samples
Dimensions: 1.75"H x 19.0"W x 14.4"D (44.5mm x 482.6mm x 365.8mm)
- Weight: 13.2lb. (6kg)
- Power Requirements:: USA — 105-125VAC, AC 60Hz, 29 Watts Typical, Export units configured for country
- Minimum System Requirements: ADAT interface port