A powerful, intuitive controller for electronica, DJs, hip-hop producers, and traditional musicians.
The Akai APC40 Ableton Performance Controller is designed to be a powerful, intuitive controller for
electronic-music performance artists, DJs, hip-hop producers and traditional musicians using Ableton Live on stage and in
The APC40 talks directly to Ableton Live and Live talks directly to the APC40. This exclusive bidirectional communication
makes the Akai Professional APC40 an advanced controller that receives feedback from the software and displays it on its
clip matrix of 40 triggers, and on LED rings surrounding each knob. The clip matrix gives you an instant view of clip status:
what's loaded, what's playing, and what's being recorded. Each state displays on the matrix in a different color so you quickly
get a picture of clip state. Shift your clip focus and get an overview of the clips you have loaded for your set.
Akai APC40 controller has 16 knobs, each surrounded by a ring of LEDs. These LED rings indicate the currently selected parameters'
values, and make seeing your settings on dark stages a breeze. The APC40 controller's advanced visual feedback focuses your
performing with focused more on the music and less on squinting at the computer screen. In fact, you might even forget that
the computer is there.
Ableton selected Akai Professional as a partner because of its leadership position in great-feeling controllers that are rock
solid, rugged, and precise. From the legendary MPC series that changed the way music is made to the industry-standard MPD
and MPK controllers, Akai Professional is revered by musicians, DJs, and producers everywhere for creating the feel that powers
their creativity. The APC40 is built with a rugged, metal chassis and slip-proof rubber detailing. Knobs and faders are solid
and precise for pinpoint performance. It even features a high quality, replaceable crossfader.
The Akai APC40 controller comes with a special edition of Ableton Live Lite so you can use it out of the box even if you're
new to Live. There's also a free patch that upgrades full versions of Live so if you're already a Live user, you can take
full advantage of the APC40.
The APC40 has two banks of eight knobs. The first set controls Global parameters so you'll
always have instant access to your main sends, pans, and other essentials. The second bank of eight knobs is dynamically reassigned
to the Track you select. You can control eight track parameters at a time, and as you switch channels, the Track knobs follow
your focus. You also get special clip-status views and feedback that only the APC40's matrix can display. The matrix is not
limited to only 40 clips: you can scroll and shift, enabling access to an unlimited number of cells.
The APC40 has
a wide range of controllers. The eight Global knobs can access four banks of controls; the eight Track knobs control nine
different track parameters each. This gives you a massive total of 72 controllers that are dynamically reassigned. Channel
faders, bus faders, and a crossfader give you smooth control of key values. You have even more control power with special
controls including Tap Tempo, Tempo Nudge, record enables, solo/cues and two assignable footswitch inputs.
Akai APC40 Ableton Performance Controller Features:
- Designed in partnership with Ableton
- Unique clip matrix with multicolor lighting displays current clip status
- No mapping required for use with Ableton Live 8 (previous versions still need mapping)
- Exclusive bidirectional communication between the APC40 and Ableton Live
- Professional feel with rugged, metal chassis and premium controls
- Comes with Ableton Live Akai Professional APC Edition
- No mapping required for use with Ableton Live
- USB plug-and-play connection for Mac and PC
- Premium controller with rugged, metal chassis
- Works with most MIDI recording, sequencing, and performance software
- APC40 Ableton Live controller
- USB Cable
- Power Supply
- Software CD
- User Manual
Akai APC40 Ableton Performance Controller Includes:
- APC40 Ableton Live controller, USB Cable, Power Supply, Software CD, User Manual
Get the only controller designed specifically to work with Ableton Live! Order yours today.
Akai APC40 Ableton Performance Controller Specifications:
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 16.88" x 13.13" x 2.62", 429mm x 334mm x 67mm
- Weight: 5.8lb. / 2.64 kg
- Power supply: 12V 2.0A pin-positive, included
- Communication: USB-MIDI with proprietary hardware/software handshake
- Inputs: USB, Two assignable footswitch inputs
- Mac system requirements: G4 or faster/Intel Mac recommended, 512 MB RAM/1GB recommended, OS 10.3.9, 10.4 or later. Recommended:
QuickTime 6.5 or higher, DVD-ROM drive, USB port
- PC system requirements: 1.5GHz or faster, 512MB RAM/1GB recommended, Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7, Windows-compatible
sound card/ASIO driver support recommended, QuickTime 6.5 or higher, DVD-ROM drive, USB port