Optimized for excellent reproduction of heavy bass frequencies.
The Akai Professional's RPM8 reference production studio monitor is specifically designed for use with
MPC music production workstations and production controllers. RPM8 studio monitor is a 2-way, active, bi-amplified, nearfield
loudspeaker made for producers, recording engineers, remix artists, DJs and other musicians.
The 2-way monitor speaker
features an 8-inch woven-kevlar low-frequency driver with 80W RMS of continuous amplification for robust, full bass all the
way down to 39 Hz. The Akai monitor's high-frequency system consists of a 1-inch silk-dome tweeter with 40W RMS of continuous
amplification, mounted on a custom, functionally optimized waveguide for excellent control of directivity and reduction of
unwanted early reflections.
The RPM8 studio monitor contains active, 4th-order crossovers for outstanding separation
and optimal power management. Its speaker cabinet is constructed of industry-standard MDF for low resonance, and is dually
ported on the front baffle for bass extension in any setting, including soffit-mounted installations.
ported cabinet design and overall acoustical efficiency combine to produce a speaker that can deliver up to powerful 113 dB
SPL and with accurate frequency response from 39 Hz to 20 kHz.
Akai RPM8 monitors feature a bicolor LED clip indicator,
which assists in avoiding damage to your system. You can connect professional studio systems to the RPM8's combination XLR-balanced
1/4" TRS inputs for compatibility with a wide variety of source equipment.
Akai RPM8 8" Active Studio Monitor Features:
- Two-way, active, bi-amplified, nearfield studio monitor with accurate playback
- 8" LF driver: woven-kevlar woofer, 80W RMS
- 1" HF driver: silk-dome tweeter, 40W RMS
- Extremely wide frequency response: 39 to 20,000 Hz
- Active, fourth-order crossovers
- High output up to 113 dB SPL
- Bi-color LED clip indicator
- Combination XLR-1/4" TRS inputs for compatibility with a wide variety of source equipment
- Low-resonance cabinet with dual front-panel ports
Akai RPM8 8" Active Studio Monitor Includes:
- RPM8 studio monitor, power cable, quick start guide
Save BIG when you buy today!
Akai RPM8 8" Active Studio Monitor Specifications:
- Frequency response: 39 to 20,000 Hz ±3 dB
- Maximum output: 113 dB SPL @ 1m
- Enclosure type: ported, dual, front firing
- Powered/unpowered: powered, bi-amplified
- Amplifiers: 80W RMS LF, 40W RMS, HF
- Inputs: XLR3 + 1/4" TRS combination
- Sensitivity: 123 dB SPL
- Woofer size/type: 8" woven Kevlar
- Tweeter size/type: 1" silk dome
- Magnetic shielding: Yes
- Operating voltage: 100 to 230V AC
- Cabinet dimensions: 17.5" x 11" x 13.5"
- Weight: 32.5 lb.
- Audio input wiring
- + = Tip = Pin 2
- - = Ring = Pin 3
- Ground = Sleeve = Pin 1