16 channels, big punch, and an amazing feature set.
The Allen & Heath PA 20-CP powered mixer gives you the tools you need to run a stereo PA system in a
straightforward plug-and-play format. You'll quickly feel at home with a number of innovative touches based on many years
of real-world experience. High-quality construction includes the same individual vertical circuit boards, nutted pots, and
solid copper bus connections as the acclaimed ML series consoles. Experience the full, open, natural sound quality that has
made Allen & Heath a respected name around the world.
2 x 500W RMS peak power professional class, fan-cooled, circuit-protected
AB power amplifiers built in with same output into 4 or 8 ohms.
The Allen & Heath mixer has 16 mono channels with
mic (XLR) and line (TRS) inputs (line input overrides the XLR input), individual +48V phantom power switches, and new padless
2-stage preamp with smooth gain law provide pristing sound quality. Line input goes to second stage for better matching and
performance. Switched 100Hz high pass filter, insert point, 4-band EQ, 4 aux mixes, mute with LED, PFL button with LED (functions
as peak indicator), plus 100mm fader on every channel.
Shelving LF (60Hz), and HF (12kHz) with fixed LM (250Hz), and
swept HM (300Hz - 6kHz). The mixer's fixed 250Hz control has been carefully selected to provide reduction of muddy sounds
and enhance warmth.
2 stereo channels with 2 unbalanced stereo inputs on each-one RCA and one TRS jack. Independent
gain controls provide source mixing in the channel strip. The top inputs (RCA) can be switched direct to L&R instead of the
channel strip providing extra returns. Each stereo channel features 2-band shelving EQ, 4 aux mixes, stereo balance, mute
with LED, PFL with LED, and 100mm fader as mono channels.
The mixing console's auxiliary sends from all channels include
2 pre-fade for foldback mixes - these have 100mm fader masters, mute switch with LED, AFL with LED, and TRS outputs (which
can be routed internally to output section). One post-fade aux mix for effects which feeds the internal effects and has a
TRS jack output for external effects. One post-fade aux mix to a TRS jack output is provided for external effects or special
Main stereo mix output has 100mm fader control and mute with LED plus TRS jack outputs, mono sum output with
level control and switch for subwoofer mode to TRS jack. Record output (RCA) analog and SPDIF switchable pre/post fader, plus
twin 12-segment LED bar meters that show program (or PFL/AFL). Insert points on TRS jack for external processing as well as
output EQ and routing to internal amplifiers/external systems are provided.
A 4-band semi-parametric EQ enhances the
output section. This affects the TRS slave outputs and the internal constant power amplifiers, offering more control than
graphic equalizers for precise management of speakers, especially foldback/monitors. Source selector allows output EQ section
to be used on left/ right, L&R sum/foldback 1, or foldback1/foldback 2.
The Allen & Heath mixer's 16-program digital
effects processor provides reverbs, delays, chorus, and others, including combinations. This FX module takes its feed from
the post-fade FX aux on the mono and stereo channels. The output of the FX module is controlled by a 100mm fader with mute
and PFL and is routed to the stereo mix and FB1&2 with post fade level controls. 2 TRS inputs with level control provide a
way of combining external effects with the internal unit. The audio mixer's internal effects can be switched off to use external
effects only if preferred. A footswitch TRS jack is provided to mute the effects channel. Editing of effects can be done via
MIDI using the software editor available free from the resource CD or the Allen & Heath website.
Background music (BGM)
mode plays 2 track input into the main mix post fader, allowing the user to pull down the fader (while patching, taking a
break, or during walk-in) and leave music playing through the amplifiers/speakers. 2 track input (RCA) with level control
to L&R feeds the headphone monitor selector (checking recording) while twin, 3-color 12-segment LED meters display active
monitor source. Large LED indicates PFL/AFL active signal overrides L&R/2TRK monitor source selection. Standby switch uses
relays to disconnect the speakers. 2 track output (RCA) analog + S/PDIF allows direct-to-digital recording. Switchable pre/post
master L&R fader. Mono sum out with level (TRS) mode switch to provide sub feed with 100Hz low pass filter. Phones out (TRS)
Allen & Heath PA 20-CP Powered Mixer Features:
- 16 mono channels with mic XLR and line TRS inputs
- 2 x 500W RMS peak power professional class, fan-cooled, circuit-protected AB power amplifiers
- Line input overrides the XLR input
- 2 stereo channel inputs
- Individual +48V phantom power switches are provided
- Line input goes to second stage for better matching and performance
- Switched 100Hz high pass filter
- Insert point
- 4 band EQ
- 4 aux mixes
- Mute with LED
- PFL button with LED that functions as peak indicator
- 100mm faders
- 16-program digital FX processor provides reverbs, delays, chorus and others, including combined
An incredible value on a full-featured pro mixer. Get your act together-order now.
Allen & Heath PA 20-CP Powered Mixer Specifications:
- 0dBu = 0.775 Volts rms 0dBV = 1 Volt rms
- Maximum output level: TRS +21dBu into 2k ohm load
- Nominal output level: L-R +0dBu into 600ohm max load
- Other o/p's +0dBu into 2kOhm max load
- Internal headroom: Mix to o/p +21dB. Channels+21dB
- Peak LEDs: 5dB before clipping
- Noise: measured rms 22Hz to 22kHz
- Mic EIN ref 150 ohm source -128dB
- L-Residual <-89dBu (nothing routed)
- L-R mix <-85dBu (channels routed)
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 30kHz +/- 0.5dB
- THD +10dbu, 1kHz
- Channel to mix o/p <0.006%
- Crosstalk - 1kHz
- Ch to ch <-90dB
- Chl mute shutoff<-95dB
- Ch fader shutoff <-95dB
- Power Amp
- Output power Constant Power switchable
- = 2 x 500w RMS into 4 ohm
- = 2 x 500wRMS into 8 ohm
- Frequency response THD+N <0.02%@1kHz
- MainsPower - Internal unit, linear regulated Internally wired to required country voltage
- AC mains input 100V to 240V AC@50/60Hz
- Power consumption 1600W max
- Mains fuse rating: 100-120V AC use T10A 20mm, 220-240V AC use T8A 20mm
- 28.9"W x 7"H x 21.2", 53 lbs.