An upgrade package that gives you more tools and sounds to write, record, edit, and mix your music.
Step up to Apple Logic Express with this upgrade now that you've experienced what the old Logic Express
and Big Box can do for your musical ideas. Logic Express 9 streamlines the technical side of digital audio, so you can record,
edit, and mix your songs too. Whether you work in a state-of-the-art studio or in your garage, now you can easily put the
advanced audio tools tin Logic Express 9 to work for your music projects. If you've been using Apple GarageBand, Logic Express
is the perfect way to take your music to the next level. Your audio projects open seamlessly and the features feel familiar,
so you can start where you left off. Tap into Logic Express 9 software's inspiring collection of virtual instruments, sounds,
and loops. Get set up and recording quickly. Use Apple Logic Express 9 to perform complex edits in a fraction of the time,
and mix down projects of any scale with full automation capabilities.
Logic Express 9 adds an amazing collection of
amps, speaker cabinets, and effects pedals that guitar players can use in traditional combinations to re-create legendary
sounds or mix and match for something truly original. It also features new production tools that make it easier than ever
for musicians to set up and record, edit timing and tempo, and create pro mixes.
Put the flow back into your
With Logic Express, all your editing tools and content browsers are integrated into a single, beautifully designed window.
And that means everything can happen faster. Your shortcut menus, toolbars, and transport bars are right there for you, not
spread across a maze of windows. And you can customize your workspace using 99 storable screen configurations and more than
1000 definable key commands to make it even better.
Get rolling, fast
Templates get you set up instantly to write, record, mix, or master—and you can customize them as much as you want.
For classic sounds, the Explore templates let you choose from a range of instruments already paired with effects and processing.
Just grab one and start playing. The Compose templates put everything in place for writing and tracking in a specific genre,
from rock to hip-hop to orchestral music. You get an entire studio of typical instruments and processing, wired and configured
so you can jump right in. Want to track, edit, mix, or master a large-scale project? The Production templates give you a big
Share ideas between projects
Selective Track Import lets you easily transfer setups and track content between projects. Since you can select components
on a track-by-track basis, it's simple to grab the guitar track from a different session or import that perfect drum mix you
created for another project.
Zero in on the sound you need
Built-in library browsers make it easy to navigate thousands of effect settings, instrument settings, Apple Loops, and even
sounds you've created yourself—all without leaving the track you're working on. The Apple Loop browser serves up thousands
of royalty-free loops by category, such as instrument, genre, and mood, so you can easily find what you're looking for. Choose
one and it automatically conforms to the tempo and key of your project. Special software instrument loops even let you edit
the instrument, processing, or original MIDI performance.
Go wild, then go back
Nondestructive, region-based editing allows you to tinker with individual sections of a track and hear the results as you
go. You can experiment all you want, knowing your original performances are always kept intact.
In one simple step, you can transform any audio region into a sampler instrument, along with a MIDI track that will trigger
the samples so they sound just like the original track. From there, it's easy to modify and resequence the part.
MIDI your way
As a full-featured MIDI sequencer, Logic Express lets you choose how you want to view and edit MIDI data. Use the Piano Roll
Editor to graphically edit note velocity and length, while monitoring the results in real time. Or if you're used to working
with traditional notation, go to the Score Editor where new duration bars make it easy to graphically edit the length of notes.
notation the way it should be
Logic Express features a complete set of music notation tools, including comprehensive layout and print options, instrument
transposition, drum notation, and adaptive lyric input. You can generate guitar tablature with an expanded set of ornaments
for notating hammer-ons, bends, fingering, and more. Snap guides make it easy to add the new chord grids, whether you choose
from the library of more than 4000 or create your own.
You can transform MIDI performances into music notation in real
time. If you prefer not to perform your compositions, you can use MIDI Step Input to enter notes one at a time using your
computer keyboard, or define pitch and velocity with a MIDI keyboard as you go.
Scoring and sound design for
Advanced music-for-picture features make scoring and sound design easier than ever. Flexible video display options let you
view synchronized QuickTime movies within the interface or on a separate monitor using output options like Digital Cinema
Desktop. You can locate scene changes visually via a thumbnail track or automatically mark transitions using the scene detect
Calling all gear hounds
Amp Designer and Pedalboard are two new-to-the-series plug-ins that give you an astonishing instant collection of gear. Amp
Designer lets you mix and match 25 amp heads, 5 EQs, 10 reverbs, 25 speaker cabinets, and 3 mics that you can position freely
around the speaker cone. So you can faithfully re-create almost any legendary sound. And Pedalboard features 30 different
stompboxes, all meticulously crafted to reproduce the tones and responsiveness of the originals they're modeled after. The
Pedalboard interface makes it easy to reorder and swap your pedals, and to creatively route your signal for thousands of combinations
and virtually unlimited sounds.
Logic Express instruments
Logic Express features an amazing range of drum sounds and synths, as well as the powerful EXS24 sampler to create a truly
fresh sound. If you've been using GarageBand, the same instruments are available in Logic Express, so you can continue to
work on your projects without missing a beat.
Studio sound library
More than 1200 Apple Loops
Royalty-free Apple Loops let you build a rhythm, grab a melodic phrase, or simply sketch out an arrangement. Any loop you
choose will automatically change key and tempo to match your project. Real Instrument loops, also known as blue loops, are
integrated into your project as audio files and can be edited like any audio region. And Software Instrument loops, or green
loops, allow you to fully edit the instrument, effect, and original MIDI performance. Apple Loops give you plenty of creative
fuel—you can even use Apple Loops Utility to create and tag your own loops.
More than 1000 sampled instruments
Logic Express is packed with beautifully sampled EXS instruments. Build your song with authentic strings, horns, woodwinds,
guitars, pianos, basses, harp, choir, synthesizers, tonewheel and pipe organs, acoustic and electric drum kits, and orchestral
and world instruments.
More than 2500 presets for plug-ins.
You don't have to be a sound engineer to take advantage of the enormous range
of plug-ins that come with Logic Express. Just rely on the plug-in settings (designed by sound engineers) to get great sounds
right out of the box. Plug-in settings can also speed up the production, mixing, and mastering process if you use them as
templates for your instrument and effects combos and tweak them from there.
Apple Logic Express 9 Upgrade from Previous Logic Express or Big Box Features:
- New-to-the-series features
- Flex Time is a collection of features that lets you manipulate timing and tempo quickly and creatively
- Flex Tool lets you push audio around with your mouse by clicking and dragging anywhere on the waveform
- Audio Quantize isn't just for MIDI—now you can conform the timing of an audio region to a musical grid, or to the
feel of another track, instantly correcting a performance
- You can use Slicing Mode with drums and you won't compromise a single attack—edit across a set of grouped multitrack
drums and everything stays locked perfectly in phase
- Varispeed: slow down or speed up an entire multitrack project effortlessly, whether you want to try out different tempos
or take it slow while you play a difficult solo
- Flex Modes: whether you're editing a solo vocal, a rhythm guitar, or multitrack drums, Flex Time has a mode designed to
give you the best results
- Speed Fades: get creative by adding turntable-style starts or stops with the kind of precision that would impress even
the best DJs
- Now the audio you import can automatically conform to the tempo of a project you're working on
- New production tools allow musicians to tackle any part of the recording, editing, and mixing process they want in a fraction
of the time.
- Selective Track Import: to transfer setups and track content between projects, simply select the individual components
you want to import on a track-by-track basis
- Expanded take folder editing: Logic Pro 9 gives you access to your important edit tools and Flex Time features—right
alongside Quick Swipe comping
- Drum Replacer: now you can replace or double less-than-perfect drum tracks with triggered samples in just a few clicks
- Convert to Sampler Track: in one step, turn an audio region into a sampler instrument with a MIDI track to trigger it,
then you can modify and resequence the part
- Bounce-in-Place feature makes effects rendering much quicker and easier, whether you're bouncing a single region or an
- Create guitar tablature or detailed scores using a library of more than 4000 chord grids (or your own custom grids) and
new ornaments for hammer-ons, bends, and more
- Amp Designer: build your dream rig by mixing and matching 25 amps, 25 speaker cabinets, and 3 mics you can position freely
around the speaker cone
- Pedalboard: Fire up 30 stompboxes that deliver lush effects like Overdrive, Distortion, Fuzz, Delay, Chorus, Flanger,
Phaser, Tremolo, Treble Boost, and Wah
- Classic tones: Hundreds of presets give you Amp Designer and Pedalboard sounds that are ready to go. Start exploring with
classic tones, genres, or characteristics like clean, crunch, and distorted
- Apogee GiO support: USB audio interface and control device (sold separately) lets you operate Pedalboard hands-free and
works with Logic Pro 9 and MainStage 2
- Application DVD, content DVD, printed and electronic documentation
Give yourself more of what your familiar with, and new tools to discover. Order this upgrade
Apple Logic Express 9 Upgrade from Previous Logic Express or Big Box Specifications:
- Minimum requirements
- Mac computer with an Intel processor
- 1GB of RAM (2GB or more highly recommended)
- Display with 1280-by-800 or higher resolution
- Mac OS X v10.5.7 or later
- QuickTime 7.6 or later
- DVD drive for installation
- PCI Express, ExpressCard/34, USB, or FireWire-based audio interface recommended
Available disk space
- 8GB to install all applications and content