Welcome to your personal tonal time machine.
Bugera captures old-school amp musicality in their V55HD amp head, whose modern touches put a wider
palette of vintage voicings at your fingertips. With a proud pair of 6L6 power tubes in the output stage, the Bugera V55HD
bathes your guitar in clean California sunshine. Let's go trippin'.
Bugera went to great lengths to give this tube
amp head the ability to deliver everything those dusty relics of the rock revolution did—minus the collector-sized price
tags. But this labor of love was taken one step farther to give you maximum tonal possibilities in true Bugera fashion.
once came in two varieties: those with triode (having three active electrodes) power tubes and those with pentode (containing
five active electrodes) power tubes. Triode tubes, which predated the pentodes, provide what many guitarists agree is a "softer"
tone. Pentodes produce a slightly more urgent, aggressive sound. The V55HD runs on power pentode tubes, but includes a Mode
switch that lets you run the power section as if it had triode tubes—that is, at about 40 percent less power. This gives
you the option of going beyond old-school—straight to elderly school.
The old amps that defined electric guitar
tone were often single-channel amps. This Bugera V55HD tube amp offers that same vintage clean, but add a second channel for
modern high-gain tones. To begin, take your pick of the Bright or Normal inputs, then twist the three-band EQ (Bass, Mid,
Treble) and Presence control to sculpt your signature sound. Depending on which channel you choose, three 12AX7 preamp tubes
take your tone anywhere from dignified blues to garage-leveling madness.
The Bugera V55HD's power stage's dual 6L6
tubes propel this tone. The head has an impedance switch that toggles between 4, 8 and 16 ohms, making them compatible with
virtually any speaker cabinet. These amps also have reverb, but in the interest of tone and durability, their reverb is derived
from a studio-caliber digital processor. The spring reverb found in their post-war predecessors sound lovely, but they're
delicate and expensive to repair. The V55HD's modern update gives you an equally mesmerizing vintage reverb sound without
the wallet-draining vintage reliability. And if all these features weren't enough, you also get a road-tough footswitch that
allows you to select channels and activate/kill the reverb remotely.
Bugera V55HD 55W Tube Guitar Amp Head Features:
- Hand-built 55 watt guitar head driven by 2 x 6L6 tubes
- Cool vintage look and feel
- Authentic 2-channel preamp design from the '60s featuring 3 x 12AX7 tubes—everything from purring blues to mind-blowing
- Integrated high-class reverb with dedicated Reverb control
- Vintage Equalizer section with dedicated Bass, Mid, Treble and Presence controls
- Normal and Bright inputs for ultimate sound character to perfectly match your guitar
- Multi-gain stage Lead channel with Pre Gain, Post Gain and Master controls
- Amazing Mode switch to select between Triode or Pentode operation
- Heavy-duty footswitch for Channel and Reverb function included
- Impedance switch (4, 8 and 16 Ohms) to match virtually any speaker cabinet
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
Whether you're recording or gigging, Bugera's V55HD complements your craft with the gold-standard
tones of the past. Own one today!