Weighing in under 11 lb., the Crown XLS provides tremendous power in a lightweight, portable, and
affordable power amp.
Crown's XLS1000 power amplifier is a premiere portable PA system with unmatched performance, technology,
and affordability. It includes multiple inputs so you can plug in anything and play anywhere, along with several system setup
configurations. This high-performance Crown power amp provides enormous power and flexibility thanks to the integrated DriveCore
Technology, PureBand Crossover System and Peakx limiters. Weighing less than 12 pounds, The Crown XLS1000 power amp is much
easier to set up and move from show to show.
A Power Amp with Integrated DriveCore Technology
Class D amplifiers are notable for extraordinarily high efficiency and being well suited for driving difficult reactive loads
such as subwoofers. However, their performance can suffer impaired performance on marginal and unstable AC line supplies.
To overcome this obstacle, Crown engineers developed DriveCore Technology—a proprietary hybrid analog-digital integrated
circuit (IC) developed with Texas Instruments that drives the "front end" of the Class D output stage. Over 60 years of Crown's
design knowledge and experience went into the development of this technology resulting in truly remarkable benefits. The DriveCore
Technology incorporated in the Crown XLS1000 power amp provides an extremely wide tolerance with regards to sagging or "dirty"
AC line conditions, providing consistent performance without affecting audio quality. This means the Crown power amp will
not compromise your performance by fluctuating generator power, or overload from lighting rigs, backline gear, etc.
addition, DriveCore Technology's patented feedback and PWM modulation circuits enable fast recovery on peak transients, accurate
reproduction of low-level detail, and precise tracking of low-frequencies at high power levels for maximum subwoofer output.
Advanced Switched-Mode Power Supply
The advanced power supply in the Crown power amp is highly efficient and optimized for maximum power transfer from the AC
line through the Class D output stage to the loudspeakers. A benefit to this is substantial weight reduction when compared
to older 60Hz transformer-based power supplies.
PureBand Crossover System
The PureBand Crossover System in the XLS Series adds an enormous amount of flexibility and performance to any system. With
this system, the crossover frequency is completely variable allowing the choice of any crossover point between 50Hz and 3kHz
on 1/12 octave centers. The use of 4th order Linkwitz-Riley filters provides steep slopes for a seamless transition between
high and low drivers. And with four crossover modes to choose from providing the ultimate in flexibility, all of your system
needs are covered.
Peakx limiters provide the ultimate in performance and protection for your entire system. This advanced algorithm was specifically
developed and tuned to work with this amplifier and power-supply to achieve higher SPL will less audible artifacts. This means
less distortion, less shutdowns, and maximum safe power delivered to your speakers. The Peakx limiters can be easily turned
on or off by channel right from the front panel eliminating the need to be digging around in the back of the dark rack.
Crown XLS1000 DriveCore Series Power Amp Features:
- XLS High Performance, Lightweight Class D amp weighs less than 11 lb.
- Integrated PureBand Crossover System for better performance and control
- Peakx Limiters provide maximum output while protecting your speakers
- XLR, 1/4", RCA inputs provide outstanding flexibility
- 1/4" Inputs can be used as loop-thrus to distribute signal to additional amplifiers Efficient forced-air fans prevent
excessive thermal buildup
- Electronically balanced XLR inputs; touchproof binding post and Speakon outputs
- Precision detented level controls, power switch, power LED, and six LEDs indicate signal, clip and fault for each channel
- Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty completely protects your investment and guarantees its specifications
Engineered to meet any demanding audio requirements—reliably and within budget.
Crown XLS1000 DriveCore Series Power Amp Specifications:
- Minimum Guaranteed Power per channel, both channels driven: 550W, Stereo, 2 Ohms (per ch.); 350W, Stereo, 4 Ohms (per
ch.); 215W, Stereo, 8 Ohms (per ch.); 700W, Bridge-Mono, 8 Ohms;
- 1100W, Bridge-Mono, 4 Ohms;
- Sensitivity (for full rated power at 4 Ohms): 1.4 Vrms
- Frequency Response (at 1 watt, 20 Hz - 20 kHz): +0 dB, -1 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio Rated as dBr to full rated 8Ohm power output (A-Weighted): XLS1000 > 97dB
- Damping Factor (8 Ohm): 10Hz to 400Hz: > 200
- Crosstalk (below rated 8Ohm power): At 1kHz: > 85dB; At 20kHz: >55dB
- Input Impedance (nominal): 20 kOhm balanced, 10 kOhm unbalanced
- Load Impedance: 2 to 8 Ohm per channel in Stereo; 4 to 8 Ohm in Bridge Mono
- AC Line Voltage and Frequency Configurations Available (± 10%):120 VAC 60 Hz; 100 VAC 50/60 Hz; 220 and 240 VAC
- Ventilation: Flow-through ventilation from front to back
- Cooling: Internal heat sinks with forced-air cooling for rapid, uniform heat dissipation
- Air Volume Requirements (per minute per unit): 80.15 ft (2.27 m )
- Integrated Processing: PureBand Crossover System; Crossover Filter: Linkwitz-Riley 24dB per Octave; Crossover Frequency
Range: 50 HZ - 3 kHz: Crossover Mode: Crossover (CH1=LPF, CH2=HPF), LowPass (both channels LPF), HighPass (both channels HPF),
Bridge (LPF or HPF); Peakx limiters: Channel independent clip limiter designed to provide maximum output while protecting
Input/Output: Input Connectors: XLR (one per channel), 1/4-Inch (one per channel), and RCA (one per
channel). 1/4-Inch connectors can be used as loop-thrus to distribute signal to additional amplifiers. Output Connectors:
Two 4-Pole Speakon Output Connectors accept 2-pole or 4-pole Speakon connectors. The top Speakon connector is wired for both
channels so it can be used for bridgemono wiring or for stereo wiring of two speakers to a single Speakon connector. One pair
of back-panel binding posts per channel; accepts banana plugs or bare wire. (European models do not accept banana plugs.)
19"W x 3-1/2"H x 7-3/4"D
- Weight: XLS1000: 8-3/4 lb.