Use it for headphone monitoring and as a power amp too!
The HA-6AB Headphone/Monitor Amplifier from Furman is a unique combination of a headphone amp and a
conventional power amp. This combination of functions can save the expense of an extra power amp in many recording studios.
HA-6AB is basically an economical 20-watt per channel stereo amplifier. Unlike a conventional power amp, it has six headphone
outputs (stereo phone jacks) on the front panel, each with an associated volume control. When used for overdubbing or rehearsal,
this provides more than adequate loudness in all headphones (even older low-impedance models), and allows you to set your
own comfortable volume level. When the overdubbing is complete and you remove your headphones, the HA-6AB can power the tape
playback through either (or both) of two sets of studio monitor speakers, selected by pressing front panel pushbuttons.
HA-6AB also features a convenient input level control on the left side of the front panel. A pair of yellow LEDs-one for each
channel-light up whenever signal is present (threshold -28 dBu). Another pair of red LEDs show an overload condition in either
20 watts per channel make the HA-6AB ideal as a low-distortion headphone driver for the most critical listening
situations. The HA-6AB's higher power can drive headphones of any impedance to their full rated listening level, and do so
with minimal noise and distortion. Its power capacity is also just right for the small cube reference speakers used in most
recording studios as a comparison with the main control room monitors-it can power them without overpowering them. On the
studio floor, a set of small monitor speakers driven by the HA-6AB can make a session progress more efficiently by giving
you a chance to hear a playback without needing to disconnect yourself from your equipment and walk into the control room.
HA-6AB utilizes an efficient toroidal power transformer for silent operation and low magnetic leakage, as required in a studio
environment. It is fully protected against thermal overload, and it can withstand a short circuit on any or all outputs for
an indefinite time without damage.
Furman HA-6AB Headphone/Monitor Amplifier Features:
- Powers headphones and speakers
- New toroidal transformer for studio-quiet operation and low magnetic leakage
- 20 watts per channel, stereo
- 6 headphone outs, each with volume control
- Switches for 2 sets of speakers
- Automatically switches to mono mode when right channel is not used
- Overload and signal-present LEDs for each channel
- Ground lift, on/off switches; power-on indicator
- Provision for remotely located volume controls
- Standard 1/4" phone inputs
- Provides balanced inputs with XLR connectors
- UL-CUL-CE listed
Order today with the protection of our 45-day lowest price and total satisfaction guarantees!
Furman HA-6AB Headphone/Monitor Amplifier Specifications:
- Power: 20 watts per channel, stereo, into either 4 ohms or 8 ohms, 20 Hz to 20 KHz
- Connectors: Speakers A-5-way binding posts (accommodates dual banana plugs, spade lugs, bare wires, etc.); Speakers B-Satellite
- Remote: male XLR
- Input Impedance: 20 kOhms
- Sensitivity: -4 dBV (635 mv) required for full output
- Connectors: both stereo phone (balanced) and XLR (balanced)
- Distortion: .01% THD at full rated power at 1 KHz; .05% THD; 20Hz to 20 KHz
- Signal to Noise: Greater than 99 dB below full rated output
- Frequency Response: +0, -1 dB from 20 Hz to 20 KHz, 1-watt output
- Dynamic Headroom: 2 dB, stereo, measured with 10 ms toneburst at I KHz, 1% duty cycle.
- Power Requirement: 120 VAC, 60 Hz, 70 watts
Dimensions: 1.75"H x 19"W x 7.25"D
- Weight: 7.5 lbs. (3.4 kg)