Combines a high-quality semi-weighted keyboard with a full DAW and plug-in control surface.
The Novation 61SL MkII Keyboard Controller gives modern DAW users every dimension of hardware control.
The 61SL MkII offers a hands-on approach to navigating software, audio mixing and controlling plug-ins. The Novation 61SL
MkII is an extraordinary MIDI controller value. It integrates a DAW control surface with a quality semi-weighted keyboard—with
after-touch—and the most intuitive plug-in mapping capabilities available. All this musical goodness is presided over
by Automap 3 PRO—arguably the most advanced control software on the market.
61SL MkII upholds Novation's reputation
for building quality hardware (like the SL Mk I, they will also appeal to performers who need a well-constructed keyboard
on stage). Quality is not just reflected in their robustness, but more importantly in the way the 61SL Mk II has been designed
with every detail calculated to maximize workflow. The 61 SL Mk II's visually feeds back all controller information to the
user with back lit buttons and encoder LED rings.
The difficulty with other control surfaces is in knowing what is
assigned to what. 61SL MkII has a giant 144-character ultra-bright LCD screen that displays all the parameter names and values
for the currently selected row of controllers. All 8 faders and 16 knobs are touch sensitive, so the moment one is touched,
the display shows the names and values on that row and puts brackets around the controller that is currently being touched.
This enables the user to see which parameter is assigned to the controller without having to change the value, or refer to
their software. 61SL MkII also has a dedicated 'Speed Dial' knob, which can be used to change the value of any parameter the
cursor is positioned over without making any assignments whatsoever.
The 8 continuous rotary encoders have 11 segment
LED rings around each of them, allowing encoders to behave like pots so the user can see the value before moving them. All
the buttons have LED lights underneath them so users can instantly see their status without having to press them. There are
8 soft-feel drum pads, a pitch/modulation wheel and an X/Y Xpression touchpad which, (along with footswitch and sustain pedal
inputs), are all fully assignable to any parameter with the Automap software
The 61SL MkII has been designed to draw
minimum current so it can be used as a USB buss-powered device, and an optional 9V DC power supply can be added for stand-alone
use. As well as USB interfacing, the 61SL MkII has 1 MIDI in, 1 MIDI thru and 2 MIDI outs.
The power behind the 61SL
MkII's unique ability to map controllers at the touch of a button is contained within the included Automap software. Automap
3 PRO enables users to map controllers with incredible speed and ease—no more digging through MIDI continuous controller
numbers, the Automap server takes care of it all. Automap's GUI gives the user a visual representation of all the current
mappings on screen, as well as the ability to save and manage mappings across different projects. There is also an option
to only bring up the GUI when a controller on the 61SL MkII has been touched!
High quality professional keyboard
Velocity-sensitive, semi-weighted action keyboard from Fatar, with assignable after-touch. Novation delivers the feeling of
playing an instrument, rather than just a computer peripheral.
Illuminated controls provide instant visual
Brightly lit LED rings around the eight smooth encoders, and backlit buttons throughout provide instant visual feedback for
every physical control, further reducing reliance on the computer screen.
Giant 144-character LCD screen
Frees the artist from being chained to the computer screen, placing all the essential data right alongside the relevant controls.
array of touch-sensitive controls
Full control surface supporting ultra-flexible DAW control and Auto-mappable plug-in controls, 16 knobs, 8 faders and 32 assignable
backlit LED buttons.
Automap 3 PRO Control Software
61SL MkII comes with Automap software which enables you to instantly map software parameters to faders, buttons, encoders
and pots and other controllers.
Novation 61 SL MkII Keyboard Controller Features:
- High quality professional keyboard
- Illuminated controls provide instant visual feedback
- Giant 144-character LCD screen
- Huge array of touch-sensitive controls
- Automap 3 PRO Control Software
- MIDI control interface.
- Novation's unique 'speed dial'
- Programmable 'soft-feel' drumpads
- Unique 2-Axis Controls
- Dedicated, yet fully-assignable transport buttons.
- USB buss powering
- Mk II ships with the latest Automap 3 PRO
- All dials and faders are now touch-sensitive
- All 61SL MkII's buttons are illuminated
- MkII features a single LED screen (as it now features the Automap Heads-up GUI)
- 61SL MkII's top row of dials have 11-LED rings for instant feedback
- Top row of encoders are now smooth, rather than detented
- 61SL MkII's transport control buttons can also be used as fully assignable buttons
- 61SL MkII features new 'soft-feel' drum pads
Xcite+ bundle ships free with 61SL MkII and consists of the
- Ableton Live 7 Lite software (DAW)
- 502MB of Mike the drummer drum loops - Quality live drum loops
- Novation Bass-station synth
- Loopmasters Samples library consisting of 1GB of royalty free samples
Get the control power you need! Order yours now.
Novation 61 SL MkII Keyboard Controller Specifications:
- Connectivity :
- Data Port: 1 x USB (Win XP/Vista and Mac OSX— Not Class Compliant
- MIDI: MIDI ONE: IN, OUT and Thru, MIDI TWO: OUT
- Sustain Pedal: 1 x 1/4" Jack Input
- Expression pedal: 1 x 1/4" Jack Input
- Power switch: Ext DC/USB
Minimum Operational Requirements (taken from Nocturn) :
- Mac OSX 10.4.0 or greater (Leopard also supported) or Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or greater (Vista 32/64 also supported)
Computer spec: Mac - G4/1GHz, both with 256MB RAM or PC—Pentium 3/1GHz/256MB RAM (machines running Vista will require
a higher spec)
Dimensions (W x H x D): 38.0" x 2.68" x 11.54", (965 x 68 x 293 mm)
- Weight: 13.44 lb., (6.1 kg)