A plug-in for guitarists who like it dark, heavy, and aggro.
The Metal Amp Room plug-in from Softube was designed to bring you the most brutal, evil, and aggressive
sound that is possible to squeeze out of your DAW. The software was codeveloped with Patrik Jensen (The Haunted) and tailored
to his needs. The continuous mic placement from Vintage Amp Room is back, but this time with twin mics and adjustable stereo
panning. Get a huge stereo sound with complex adjustable phasing effects, a plain old one-mic-right-against-the-cone, or anything
in between. The cabinets were measured in the In Flames studio (previously known as Studio Fredman) by Tue Madsen and Patrik
Focusing on usability and sound quality, this is a plug-in that is proud not to include a gazillion amps, effects
racks, patch cords, or a blow- dryer. Just two channels, two cabinets, two mics per cabinet, and a wickedly fast noise gate
for palm mute galore. Every setting was optimized so it's almost impossible to get a useless sound from this software. Metal
Amp Room is a real workhorse, a plug-in that will handle all your metal needs without ever getting in your way.
The gate in Metal Amp Room will automatically analyze your playing. Fast playing will give you an extremely fast gate, while
slow playing will yield a slower closing gate. Regardless of playing style, the gate will always react instantaneously and
open up faster than any hardware gate, without adding any latency to the signal.
Double mics on double cabs
Both cabinets have two mics each—one dynamic and one condenser. Fully flexible mic positioning, link mic functionality,
and realistic room resonance modeling will give you just the result you need, and much more.
The Balancing Stereo Preamp will keep your guitar signal focused, while giving you easy access to the features you want to
use. While keeping the guitar signal centered, you can easily monitor each mic, change the stereo width of the signal, and
dial in the sound that you want.
Version 1.1 update:
By popular demand Softube have added the possibility to bypass either the amp sim or the cabinet simulation. The most straightforward
use of this feature is to use the amp simulation together with your favorite real-life guitar cabinet, or to use the cabinet
simulations together with the line-out signal from your amplifier. New presets were added as well.
Softube Metal Amp Room NATIVE Features:
- A brutal metal amp plug-in with a raw & authentic sound
- Program-dependent guitar noise gate
- Two cabs with two mics per cabinet
- Easy-to-use balancing stereo mic preamp for balancing the two mics
- Flexible & continuous click-and-drag mic positioning
- Fully automatable parameters
- 3-D rendered photo-realistic user interface
- Compatible with all effects that work with real amps
- Amp/Cab Bypass possibilities in version 1.1
- Available in Native VST/AU/RTAS
Get that brutal metal sound with help from Metal Amp Room. Order today!
Softube Metal Amp Room NATIVE Specifications:
- System Requirements
- Mac OS X (10.4 or higher), Windows XP or higher
- Mac: Intel or PowerPC processor (G3 or higher), Windows: PIII or higher
- 512 MB RAM
- Any VST, AudioUnits, or RTAS compatible host application
- iLok USB key and the latest Pace Interlok drivers
- Pro Tools 7.0 compatible hosts required for RTAS