A portable, high-quality vocoder and HardTune pitch shifting effect.
Finally, the effects you've heard on chart-topping tracks from artists pushing the envelope of vocal
sounds are available in a pedal. VoiceTone Synth brings together a collection of exotic and current sonic mayhem including
jagged HardTune effects, a MassiveBand Vocoder with voice-controlled synth and vocal distortion and megaphone effects. Now
vocalists and anyone looking to add a modern edge to their live performances and studio productions can dial-in these effects
instantly with the press of a footswitch.
The jagged, stair-stepped vocal sound of key-based hard tuning is everywhere in contemporary R&B, Hip Hop and Electronica.
This feature has eluded the majority of performing musicians until VoiceTone Synth came along. Now musicians can produce this
effect live by simply recalling a preset and hitting the 'On' button. Easy key input methods include auto-instrument sensing
or pushbuttons with a clear display of the current key. Other features of the HardTune effect include dry voice mixing, octave
shift and character modification.
The vocoder in VoiceTone Synth is called 'Massive-Band' for a reason. It effectively scales resolution from ultra-clearly-enunciated
Robot voices to the sound of the classic, analog low-band-count vocoders we all know and love. The benefit is that, while
typical vocoders require a lot of pre-processing like distortion and EQ to hear the effect properly, with the VoiceTone Synth
vocoder effect you can input signals such as clean acoustic guitar and vocode perfectly for sounds that until now have been
impossible to achieve.
The Vocoder also features a voice-controlled synth mode—considered by many as the Holy Grail for vocoding. Prior to
VoiceTone Synth, vocoding required your voice (the exciter), and an instrument input (the carrier) to make cool vocoded sounds.
Of course VoiceTone Synth supports the dual input method, but for artists who don't have another instrument or don't play
one, VoiceTone Synth can generate a synth part directly from your vocal and vocode that. The result? Generated vocoder parts
with one input: your voice.
VoiceSupport is a Windows/Mac application that via USB connects your VoiceTone Synth with our support network. What can you
•Access to software updates
•New preset downloads
•Support feed shows latest tips & tricks on using product
•Simple back-up and restoring of preset/setup data
TC Helicon VoiceTone Synth HardTune & Vocoder Pedal Features:
- HardTune processor with option for octave shift and gender processing
- Vocoder effect with options for an external carrier input or various outboard synthesizer flavors
- Transducer effects create megaphones and distortion in series with HardCore and Vocoder
- Tone Processing with adaptive compression, Shape EQ and de-ess
- Clean, studio quality mic preamp with phantom power.
- 10 user-editable presets with footswitch selection
- XLR mono output with separate dry only output
- USB connectivity for update and back-up
Explore exciting new sonic possibilities. Order yours today.
TC Helicon VoiceTone Synth HardTune & Vocoder Pedal Specifications:
- Mic Connector: Balanced XLR, input impedance 1kOhm
- Mic Input Sensitivity @ 0dBFS: -44dBu to +2dBu
- Mic Input Sensitivity @ 12dB: headroom -56dBu to -10dBu
- Instrument Input Connector: Unbalanced 1/4", input imp. 1MOhm
- Instrument In Sensitivity: +15dBu @ 0dBFS
- EIN: -126dBu @ max mic amp gain, Rg = 150 Ohm
- Power Input: 12 VDC 300 mA, tip negative
- Main Output Connectors: Balanced XLR
- Output Impedance: 40 Ohm
- Output Level: +2 dBu @ 0dBFS
- Instrument Thru Connector: Unbalanced 1/4" phone jack
- Instrument Thru output impedance: 270 Ohm
- Dynamic Range, Mic. @ Min gain >108dB: 20 Hz - 20kHz *A-weighted
- Dynamic Range, Mic. @ -18dBu sensitivity > 104dB: 20hz - 20kHz*
- THD+ Noise, Mic. @ Min gain: <-90dB
- Frequency Response, max gain -1.5dB @ 40 Hz, +0/-0.3 dB (200Hz to 20 kHz)
- Instrument In to Thru Dynamic Range: >119dB
- Tuning Mute Attenuation: >100dB
- Sample Rate: 48 kHz
- Converter: AKM AK4620B
- AD / DA Conversion: 24 bit, 128x oversampling bitstream
EMC & Safety
- Complies with: EN 55103-1 and EN 55103-2 FCC part 15, Class B, CISPR 22, Class B
- Certified to: IEC 65, EN 60065, UL6500 and CSA E60065 CSA FILE #LR108093
- Operating Temperature: 32° F to 122° F (0° C to 50° C)
- Storage Temperature: -22° F to 167° F (-30° C to 70° C)
- Humidity Maximum: 90 % non-condensing
- USB: (for connection to VoiceSupport application)
- Dimensions: 130mm x 132mm x 41mm (5" x 5.25" x 1.5")
- Weight: 1.5 lb. (0.72 kg)
- Warranty Parts and labor: 1 year