Download a unique collection of drum samples recorded in two legendary NY studios by 3 industry pros.
Vol.2 of the N.Y. Studio Legacy from Toontrack's SDX Series contains unique sample recordings from two
legendary New York Studios—Hit Factory NY and Allaire Studios. The recordings at Hit Factory NY were the starting point
for Toontrack in developing Superior Drummer 2.0 (S2.0) and the decision to record drum samples at Allaire was a result of
wanting to capture another great studio room in New York. Sadly, for the music and recording industry both studios are now
closed, thus the subtitle of this sample collection: "The Lost New York Studios".
Toontrack was privileged to be given
the opportunity to record these great rooms in collaboration with the world-class recording team of engineer/producer Pat
Thrall (Glenn Hughes, Black Crowes, Beyoncé), producer Neil Dorfsman (Kiss, Bruce Springsteen, Dire Straits, and Sting),
and drummer Nir Z (Genesis, John Mayer, Joss Stone, and Chris Cornell).
New York Studios Vol.2 SDX library features
kits recorded with seven kick drums, thirteen snares, and a wide variety of cymbals sampled in extreme detail to work with
the advanced drum sampler engine, Superior Drummer 2.0. The drums were played and produced by Nir Z, Neil Dorfsman, Pat Thrall.
It also features a custom MIDI library played and recorded by Nir Z.
Apart from the close miced faders in the mixer,
N.Y. - Allaire also has these channels: AmbFar, AmbMid, AmbNear, AmbMono, Oh-Mono, AmbBullet, SnareRim, and a SansAmp channel.
Apart from the close miced faders in the mixer, N.Y. - Hit Factory also has these channels: AmbFar, AmbFar-FX, AmbMid,
AmbMid-FX, Sony-In, and 57-Out.
Toontrack Vol 2 SDX Superior 2.0 Expansion Download Features:
- Recorded and produced by team Pat Thrall (Glenn Hughes, Black Crowes, Beyoncé), Neil Dorfsman (Kiss, Bruce Springsteen,
Dire Straits and Sting), and Nir Z (Genesis, John Mayer, Joss Stone and Chris Cornell)
- Includes custom MIDI library played and recorded by Nir Z
- Recorded at now-closed Allaire and Hit Factory NY Studios
- Includes close micing faders in the mixer for both studios as well as 14 other choices
- Allaire Studio (Pro Mark Drumsticks)
- Kick Drums:
- Gretsch 18x22"
- Gretsch 50's 14x20"
- Ludwig 14x24"
- Ludwig 14x24" Softer Beater
- Ludwig 16x22"
- Slingerland 14x26"
- Black Beauty 1940's - 6.5x14"
- Ludwig 5x15" Metal
- Ludwig-Wood Vintage 1930's -7x14"
- Rogers Dynasonic 5.5x14"
- Ludwig Supraphonic 6.5x14"
- Ludwig Supraphonic Low Tuned 6.5x14"
- Top: Sabian HH Extra Thin Crash 16" / Bottom: Sabian HH Duo Crash 16"
- Ludwig 1962 11x13", 16x16", 16x18"
- Ludwig 1962 10x12", 14x14", 16x16"
Cymbal Setup 1:
- Position 1: AAXplosion 21"
- Position 2: AA Prototype 18"
- Position 3: AAXplosion 21"
Cymbal Setup 2:
- Position 1: HHX Xtreme Crash 19"
- Position 2: HHX Xtreme Crash 18"
- Position 3: Legacy Ozone FX Cymbal 20"
- Position 4: Ride Sabian Prototype 22"
Hit Factory (Drumsticks)
- Kick Drums:
- GMS SE Blue Sparkle 14X24"
- GMS SE Blue Sparkle18X22"
- Ludwig Black Beauty - 6.5x14"
- Ludwig Brass Shell - 6.5x14"
- Trick - 6.5x14"
- GMS Maple/Ash Shell - 6.5x14"
- GMS Maple/Ash Shell (tuned high)
- GMS Blue - 5.5x14"
- GMS Wood Shell - 6.5x14"
- Sabian Evolution HHX 14"
- Sabian Groove HHX 15"
- GMS 9x10", 10x12", 14x14", 16x16" with Coated Heads
- GMS 9x10", 10x12", 14x14", 16x16" with Clear Heads
Cymbal Setup 1:
- Position 1: Sabian HHX Evolution O-Zone Crash 16"
- Position 2: Sabian HHX Evolution O-Zone Crash 18"
- Position 3: AAX Explosion Crash 21"
- Position 4: Sabian AA Thin Crash 17"
- Position 5: Sabian AA Medium Thin Crash 18"
- Position 6: Sabian HHX Evolution FX Crash 18"
Cymbal Setup 2:
- Position 1: Sabian HHXtreme Crash 19"
- Position 4: Spock 18" / 20"
- Position 5: Sabian Manhattan Crash 16"
- Position 6: Sabian HHXtreme Crash 18"
- Position 2: Sabian HHX Evolution Ride 20"
- Position 4: Sabian Sg Series Ride 22"
Why wait for a box. Order the Download today.
Toontrack Vol 2 SDX Superior 2.0 Expansion Download Specifications:
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Windows XP or Vista, Pentium IV or Athlon 1.8GHz with 1GB RAM (multicore CPU with 2GB RAM or more recommended)
OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or higher, Dual G4 1.25GHz with 1GB RAM (multicore CPU with 2GB RAM or more recommended)
hard disc space, DVD drive, a working Superior Drummer 2.0 installation
VST, AU, and RTAS