Gives you unlimited new sounds.
The Moog MF-102 Ring Modulator is a direct descendant of the original Moog modular synthesizers. It
contains three complete modular functions: a ring modulator, a voltage-controlled carrier oscillator, and voltage-controlled
dual-waveform LFO. It can be used to process any instrument-level to line-level signal.
A ring modulator produces sum
and difference frequencies between the audio input and a carrier oscillator. The ring modulator's LFO can be used to modulate
the carrier frequency. The Moogerfooger Ring Modulator can create effects ranging from subtle tremolo to harmonically rich
distortion, gong-like sounds, sweeps, swoops, and divebombs. It can be subtle, or outlandish in its use - you decide!
Moogerfooger Ring Modulator's control parameters are signal mix, carrier frequency, LFO rate, and LFO amount. All of the ring
modulator's parameters can be controlled by the great feeling knobs that beg to be tweaked as well as with expression pedals
or external control voltages. Panel switches select LFO waveform and carrier frequency range. 1/4" jacks are provided for
audio input and output, pedal/control inputs, carrier input and carrier output. The heavy-duty yet smooth acting bypass switch
allows tabletop or floor use.
Imagine that the ring modulator's carrier oscillator is producing a 500 Hz sine wave,
and your input signal is a 100 Hz sine wave. The ring modulator's output will be a complex waveform. You will hear two pitches:
400 Hz and 600 Hz. You will not hear your original input or the carrier oscillator.
Power supply is included for use
with 110 VAC.
Moog MF-102 Moogerfooger Ring Modulator Features:
- Frequency rotary control, which varies the carrier frequency over a six-octave range.
- Rate rotary control, which varies the LFO's frequency from 0.1 Hz to 25 Hz.
- LFO Amount rotary control, which adjusts the amount that the LFO output sweeps the carrier oscillator.
- Mix rotary control, which crossfades continuously from unmodulated to modulated audio.
- Drive rotary control, which adjusts the gain of the audio input.
- Square-Sine rocker switch, which chooses the LFO waveform.
- Lo-Hi rocker switch, which chooses between the low frequency carrier range (2 Hz to 130 Hz) and the high frequency carrier
range (60 Hz to 4,000 Hz).
- Level, a three-color LED that is used to set the DRIVE control.
- LFO, a LED that indicates the LFO rate.
- Bypoass, a two-color LED that tells whether the ring modulator is on or bypassed.
- On/Bypass, a rugged, smooth-acting stomp switch
Order today and moogify your music.
Moog MF-102 Moogerfooger Ring Modulator Specifications:
- 6"W x 2-1/2"H x 6"D
- 2 lb.