Improved sounds, killer accompaniment, vocal harmonies, versatile recording capabilities, and more.
Now in its fourth generation, the Yamaha Tyros4 retains its ease of use, ergonomic panel layout and
playability, and augments it with an even greater and wider variety of Voices, Styles, and sophisticated features.
Better than ever. More natural, more authentic, and exceptionally expressive. It's a difference you can instantly hear, one
that inspires you to new creative heights and lets you play your dream.
Play to your hearts content
Powered by the latest sound technologies, including Super Articulation, the Tyros4 has a wealth of amazingly authentic and
naturally expressive Voices. The sound is so real, right down to the performance techniques, it truly makes your playing come
Extraordinarily expressive, realistic sound
Super Articulation Voices give you a level of expressive realism you've never experienced before in a keyboard. The Choir
Voices sound remarkably human and respond expressively to your control, while wind and brass instruments feature natural legato
and staccato expression and let you easily use performance effects such as vibrato, pitch bend and glissando.
of voices and effects
The Tyros4 provides 993 dynamic, realistic Voices, giving you instant access to virtually every instrument in the real world.
In addition to the Super Articulation Voices, Live!, Cool! and Sweet! Voice categories feature exceptionally realistic acoustic
and electronic instrument sounds. Special Mega Voices deliver enhanced realism and expression in Song data and MIDI recording
applications. Moreover, there's an Organ Flutes section that lets you use the nine panel sliders to instantly adjust the individual
flute footages. And for the final touch, a comprehensive set of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) effects let you enhance the
sound in a variety of ways (with reverb, chorus or EQ).
Powerful, pro-quality accompaniment
With the huge set of 500 built-in dynamic Styles, the Tyros4 puts a full professional-sounding backing band at your disposal.
The Styles of the Tyros4 have been vastly enhanced with new Super Articulation Voices, and made even more powerful with DSP
effect processing. Guitar parts respond accurately to your chord changes with remarkable realism, and human voice sounds can
also be played with unprecedented expressiveness.
There are many other performance tools and features to inspire your
creativity as well. Multi Pads let you play in real time a wide selection one-shot phrases and special loops, which can automatically
sync to the Styles. The convenient Music Finder feature lets you call up ideal Style and Voice setups for the particular type
of music you want to play. Moreover, One Touch Setting presets with four specially programmed settings for each Style let
you reconfigure the Tyros4 with the proper Voices and effects, for playing in that style of music, while the Registration
Memory feature gives you eight pads for instant, total recall of your favorite panel settings.
You'll hear something different as soon as you play Tyros4's classical choir Voices: the sound is incredibly natural thanks
to Ambient Sampling. For sampling, microphones are normally positioned close to the instrument to capture a direct sound which
includes very little of the room's ambiance. For Tyros4's new classical choirs, the microphone positions were carefully adjusted
to capture not only the sound of the choir but also the ambiance of the room, resulting in unprecedented clarity and realism
Together with technologies such as Super Articulation, Tyros4's pop vocals use Yamaha's latest voicing technology,
Wave Cycling, to bring hugely versatile vocal creativity to your performances. Tyros4 is packed with different vocal articulations
such as Aah, Bah, Bee, Doh etc., and Wave Cycling varies the articulation of the Voice as you play. This means that you can
now play incredibly realistic "shoo-bee-doo-bah" and scat vocals with remarkable ease.
The Tyros4 features a variety of accompaniment and rhythmic backing patterns (called "Styles") in a variety of different musical
genres including pop, jazz, and many others. The Style features Auto Accompaniment, letting you produce automatic accompaniment
playback simply by playing "chords" with your left hand. This lets you automatically recreate the sound of a full band or
orchestra—even if you're playing by yourself.
Vocal Harmony 2
With Vocal Harmony you can sing along with your own virtual backing vocalists, and Tyros4's Vocal Harmony feature is such
a step forward, Yamaha has given it a new name—VH2. You'll notice the quality from the moment you plug your microphone
into the balanced XLR/Jack combination input. With dedicated DSP effect power, a new preamp and signal processing under the
hood, VH2 delivers great sounding Vocal Harmony. Adding up to three harmony vocalists in addition to your own voice and with
new pitch recognition and stability controls, you're sure to deliver a dazzling performance. A convenient real-time Mic Level
indicator is included in the main display, and a new intuitive graphic user interface makes it easy to experiment with your
own mic settings, effects and harmony types. To get you started Tyros4 includes 44 exciting Vocal Harmony presets, including
male, female and SFX settings.
In addition to Vocal Harmony, VH2 features a new Synth Vocoder. This real-time vocal
processor uses one of 10 carrier voices together with the microphone signal to create a talking synthesizer effect. Simply
sing or talk into the microphone and hear your voice instantly synthesized. A range of versatile presets with effect settings
are provided, and you can make detailed parameter adjustments using the new graphic user interface to find your own sound.
Ever wondered which Style to use for a particular Song? Or which songs are good with a certain Style? Or just enjoy browsing
for great Songs to play? Then the Music Finder was made for you.
Music Finder is a database of song titles that are
linked to suitable Styles and Registrations. You can browse through song titles sorted alphabetically, by Style, by Time Signature
or Tempo. Just select the Song Title and you're ready to play.
You can also search for a specific song by entering search words using a mobile phone style keypad, and create your own Favorites
list. In addition, when you select a Style, just press the Repertoire button in the bottom right of the screen and a list
of suggested Songs for that style will appear.
There's a huge range of additional Music Finder titles available online
with Yamaha's Music Finder+ Internet Direct Connection service.
Create Your Own Songs
The built-in 16-track MIDI sequencer allows you to easily record your keyboard performance in real time or use the Step Record
feature to enter each note individually. The sequencer also has fine controls for separately entering chord progressions and
pattern variations, as well as automatically tightening the timing of your recorded parts.
Create Your Own
With the versatile Style Creator feature, you can make your own accompaniment Styles—changing the content of existing
Styles, creating completely new ones from scratch, or combining various parts from different styles for unusual "hybrid" accompaniments.
Your Own Voices
Voice Creator and Voice Set are two powerful features that let you craft your own Voices. With Voice Creator, you can import
original audio samples and waveforms, and assign them to the keys—letting you build completely new Voices and Drum Kits
with your own sounds.
Make Your Own Audio Recordings
No need for separate recording hardware—you can record your keyboard performance as well as your own singing or the
sound of other instruments directly to the Tyros4. The audio is captured to the built-in hard disk drive as digital audio
data—with absolutely noise-free audio quality. With computer and audio editing software, you can also edit the sound
file as needed, and then re-import it to the Tyros4. Since the created audio data is saved in WAV file format, you can easily
share your performances over the Internet or burn your own original CD. The instrument also supports MP3 data, allowing you
to play back files in that popular format.
Ease of Use
One Touch Setting
One Touch Setting (OTS) provides 4 different professionally created registrations for each Style, setting the appropriate
voices and effects for playing in that style of music. Simply select a style, then a One Touch Setting and you're ready to
sound great. You can check in advance what's set in each OTS by selecting 'OTS Info' from the Style Select page. With OTS
Link selected, OTS changes automatically matching the style section, helping you to create a polished sounding arrangement.
9 physical sliders are positioned in the center of the instrument. The sliders have a 30mm track and have a carefully crafted
shape to ensure smooth, positive and accurate operation.
Great for controlling organ flutes, each slider corresponds
to one of the 9 individual organ flute footages, recreating the dynamic excitement of a vintage tonewheel organ.
8 sliders directly beneath the TFT display can be used to control any setting that appears in the screen as either a knob
or slider shape, providing easy adjustment of volume, pan, eq, effects, tuning etc. The remaining slider can be assigned a
special function - from song, style, and harmony volume to microphone reverb depth and vocal harmony balance which means you
can always instantly adjust your chosen setting.
Tyros4 displays the score of the melody track in its extra large high quality TFT screen, and provides features to help you
read it like changing the score size, adding the note name, or coloring the different pitches. Even page turns are done automatically.
You can do this with almost any Standard Midi File (SMF) song.
Yamaha TYROS4 Arranger Workstation Keyboard Features:
- 61 keys FSX keyboard and 128-note polyphony
- Accompaniment styles powered by SA2 and Mega voices (Total 500 accompaniment styles)
- Super Articulation 2 Voices for ultimate realism
- Audio Recorder / Player with MP3 playback integrated with Hard Disk Recorder
- Large TFT Color Display with RGB/Video output
- Includes SFF GE Styles for super realistic Guitar phrases
- Extraordinarily expressive and realistic Voices
- Powerful, professional Auto Accompaniment Styles
- Dynamic and Versatile Vocal Harmony feature—with Synth Vocoder
- Voice expandability
- Convenient, easy-to-use Music Finder function
- Enhanced features for directly connecting to the Internet
This one does it all, and more. Order today.
Yamaha TYROS4 Arranger Workstation Keyboard Specifications:
- Width: 1,140mm
- Height: 143mm
- Depth: 450mm
- Number of Keys: 61
- Type: FSX
- Aftertouch: Yes
- Touch Response: Yes
- Pitch Bend: Yes
- Modulation: Yes
- Multi Pads: Yes
- Type: Full Dot TFT LCD
- Size: 640 x 480 dots
- Color: Color
- Score Display Function: Yes
- Lyrics Display Function: Yes
- Wallpaper Customization: Main/Lyrics
- Language: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian
- Language: English
- Tone Generating Technology: AWM Stereo Sampling
- Number of Polyphony (Max.): 128
- Number of Voices: 993 Voices + 30 Organ Flutes + 480 XG Voices + 256 GM2 Voices + 44 Drum/SFX Kits (And GS Voices for
GS Song playback)
- Featured Voices: 15 S.Articulation2! Voices (AEM technology), 164 S.Articulation Voices, 43 MegaVoices, 30 Sweet! Voices,
101 Live! Voices, 44Drums (including SFX Kits), 71 Cool! Voices, 30 Presets Organ Flutes!
- XG: Yes
- XF: Yes
- GS: Yes
- GM: Yes
- GM2: Yes
- Optional Wave Capacity: 4MB (Pre-installed) / MAX 1,024MB (Optional)
- Sampling: Custom Voice
- Voice Edit: Yes
- Sound Creator/Voice Set: Yes
- Reverb: 44 + 3 User
- Chorus: 106 + 3 User
- DSP: DSP1–7 : 285 Presets, DSP8–9 : 285 Presets (for Style)
- Master Compressor: 5 Presets + 5 User
- Master EQ: 5 Bands : 5 Preset + 2 User
- Others: Mic effects: Noise Gate x 1, Compressor x 1, 3Band EQ x 1
- Part EQ: 2 Bands: 29 Parts (R1, R2, R3, Left, MultiPad, Style x 8, Song x 16)
- Dual/Layers: Voice layer (RIGHT 1-3)
- Split: Separete split points for Chord and Voice (LEFT)
- Panel Sustain: Yes
- Mono/Poly: Yes
Accompany Style Related
- Vocal Harmony: VH2: 44Preset + 10 User
- Number of Preset Styles: 500
- Featured Styles: 403 Pro Styles, 47 Session Styles with MegaVoices (used by preset styles)
- Fingering: Single Finger, Fingered, Fingered On Bass, Multi Finger, AI Fingered, Full Keyboard, AI Full Keyboard
- Style Control: INTRO x 3, MAIN VARIATION x 4, FILL x 4, BREAK, ENDING x 3
- User Styles: Yes
- Style Creator: Yes
- Music Finder: Yes
- One Touch Setting (OTS): 4 for each style
- Number of Songs: Unlimited (depending on the storage media's capacity)
- Number of Tracks: 16
- Data Capacity: approx. 300KB
- Recording Function: Quick Recording, Multi Recording, Step Recording, Song Editing
Compatible Data Format
- Playback: SMF (Format 0 & 1), ESEQ, XF, Style File
- Recording: SMF (Format 0)
- Hard Disk Recording: Yes (Play: 2 stereo tracks, Rec: 1 stereo track)
- Number of Buttons: 8 x unlimited banks (depending on the storage media's capacity)
Control: Bank +/-, Regist Sequence,
- Lesson/Guide: Follow Lights, Any Key, Karao-Key, Vocal CueTIME
- Performance Assistant Technology (PAT): Yes
- Demonstration: Yes
- Metronome: Yes
- Tempo Range: 5 - 500, Tap Tempo
- Transpose: Yes
- Tuning: Yes
- Octave Button: Yes
- Scale Type: 9 presets
- Direct Access: Yes
Storage and Connectivity
- Internal Memory: 6MB
- Hard Disk Drive: 250GB or more
- External Drives: Optional USB Flash Memory, USB Hard Disk Drive, etc. (via USB to DEVICE)
- Optional Memory: Flash Memory Expansion Module FL1024M/FL512M x 1 (MAX1024M)
- Headphones: x 1
- Microphone: Mic./Line in Stereo
- MIDI: MIDI A (IN/OUT), MIDI B (IN/OUT)
- AUX IN: L/L+R, R(LEVEL FIXED) or LOOP RETURN L/L+R, R
- AUX OUT: L/L+R, R(LEVEL FIXED) or LOOP SEND L/L+R, R (Selectable)
- AUX Pedal: (optional) Switch or Volume x 3
- LINE OUT: MAIN OUT (L/L+R, R), Sub Output 1, 2
- VIDEO OUT: RGB Out, NTSC / PAL
- Loop Return: Yes
- USB TO DEVICE: USB 2.0 HighSpeed x 2 (Front /Back)
- USB TO HOST: USB 2.0 HighSpeed x 1
- External Speaker: To Satellite Speaker (L/R), To Sub Woofer (L/R)
Amplifiers and Speakers
Optional Speaker (TRS-MS04)
- Speakers: Optional Speaker (TRS-MS04)
Power Supply: AC Inlet
Accessories: Music Rest, CD-ROM, Power Cable, Manuals
- Number of Preset Songs: 5
- Text Viewer Function: Yes
Storage and Connectivity
- LAN: Yes
Internet Direct Connection ( IDC ): Yes
Storage and Connectivity
- Sliders: 9 (including 1 assignable)
- Art. Switches: 2
- OTS Viewer: Yes
- Voice Information: Yes
USB Audio Recorde
- Playback: .wav, .mp3
- Recording: .wav