South by Southwest 2010
Now in its 24th year, the SXSW Music and Media Conference has grown into the must-attend networking event for the 21st century music industry. Showcasing nearly 2,000 musical acts from around the globe at over 80 stages in downtown Austin, SXSW registrants have a first-look at tomorrow's stars. By day, managers, labels, promoters, press, internet media outlets, artists and other business professionals conduct business in the SXSW Trade Show. Conference registrants also partake in a full agenda of provocative, informative panel discussions and celebrity interviews featuring hundreds of speakers of international stature.
OnlineRock's March update features artists who will
be playing at SXSW, panels that we'll be involved with and information on a day party that we will be sponsoring. Below are the highlights. Please note that schedules
- Paper Cuts in the Plastic Age -
Bands can promote themselves paperless-ly. How does a band release a record, play a gig, and generally let the world know who they are without using a single piece of paper? Speaking on this panel will be Steve Beck of OnlineRock, Ilka Erren Pardinas of Fly PR and moderator Frank Mauceri of Smog Veil Records.
- Body Parts -
Hosted by The Music Slut, Consequence of Sound, Elbo.ws and Knuckle Rumbler. OnlineRock is a sponsor of this show with artists Terror Pigeon Dance Revolt, Dignan, The Depreciation Guild, Maps & Atlases, Gemini Club, Acrylics, Drink Up Butter Cup, Death Set, Jason Colette and Theophilus London.
- Rogue Wave:
A punchy, deceptively effervescent set of multi-instrumental pop tunes, the Northern California band's latest release Permalight represents a giant breakthrough.
- 60 SXSW Bands in 30 Days - Starting on Monday, February 15, 2010, we will be posting a couple of interviews per day featuring an artist performing at South by Southwest this year. Artists include Wye Oak, Hopewell, Little Black Dress, Bear Hands, You Say Party! We Say Die!, Alina Simone, Butterfly Explosion, :papercutz, Dan Black, Avi Buffalo, Via Tania, Bowling for Soup, Drink Up Buttercup, Twin Tigers, The Rocketboys, Dark Dark Dark, Bowerbirds and many more. Check back often.
- OnlineRock Podcast Vol. 43: Featuring SXSW Artists Jason Collett, The Morning Benders, Lou Barlow, Villagers, Zeus, Toro Y Moi, Efterklang, Boats!, Jukebox the Ghost, Obi Best, The Deep Dark Woods, The Depreciation Guild and Rafter.
- OnlineRock Podcast Vol. 44: Featuring SXSW Artists Race Horses, Broadcast 2000, DM Stith, Jupiter One, Vadoinmessico, Past Lives, Peter Broderick, The Kissaway Trail, You Say Party! We Say Die!, King of Spain, Sonny & The Sunsets, Skybox and Odawas.
- Spoon: Transference
- Radar Brothers: The Illustrated Garden
- The Butterfly Explosion: Lost Trails
- Liars: Sisterworld
- Peasant: Shady Retreat
- The Middle East:
The Darkest Side
- The Ruby Suns:
- Sharon Van Etten:
- Lou Barlow: Gravitate
- Wye Oak: Take It In
Helpful SXSW Websites:
2010 SXSW Website
- Austin, TX Showlist