An affordable, fully programmable mono synth with a 100% analog signal path.
The Mopho is a compact and powerful monophonic analog synthesizer from Dave Smith Instruments. The voice
architecture is identical to a single voice of the Prophet '08, an eight-voice synthesizer with a 100% analog signal path,
yet with a couple of unique twists to distinguish it from its award-winning sibling. Dave Smith Instruments have added two
sub-octave generators—one per oscillator—for additional girth and crushing basses. It also has an audio input
that lets you process external audio and mix Mopho's own audio output back in pre-filter for feedback effects that can range
from subtle distortion to extreme skronk. The "Push It!" button is a manual trigger that lets you play a specific note or
latch notes and sequences on. The Mopho Monophonic Synthesizer can also step through a sequence to play short melodic lines
without a keyboard. Mopho can also be used with a MIDI controller or external sequencer.
Mopho is fully programmable
and all the parameters can be tweaked from the front panel. The four Assignable Parameters controls are assignable per program
for optimal performance control. A free editor is available for Mac OS and Windows to facilitate programming. If you already
have a Prophet '08, most of Mopho's parameters can be controlled from the Prophet's front panel via MIDI.
perfect for people who want to learn the ins and outs of real analog synthesis without spending a bundle, DJs looking to add
some old-school sonic spice to their setups, and musicians who will appreciate a great-sounding, very portable mono synth.
Dave Smith Instruments Mopho - Monophonic Desktop Analog Synthesizer Features:
- 100% analog signal path
- Two oscillators
- One classic Curtis low-pass filter (switchable 2- or 4-pole)
- Analog VCAs
- 3 envelope generators (ADSR plus delay)
- 2 sub-octave generators (one octave down and two octaves down)
- External audio input with feedback
- 4 assignable performance controls per program
- Gated 16 x 4 step sequencer (one sequence per program)
- Fully programmable (includes free downloadable software editor for Mac OS and Windows)
- 384 programs
- I/O: MIDI In, MIDI Out/Thru, Audio In, Left and Right Audio Out, Headphone Out
- Dimensions: 7.5"W x 1.4"H x 5"D
- Weight: 1.5 lb.
Add the spice of analog synth with this easy-to-use synth module. Order today.