Compact and powerful.
The JBL PRX518S offers the performance of an 18" sub-woofer in a package not much larger than a typical
15" sub. With a 36mm pole receptacle that accepts the JBL SS3-BK speaker stand on the top panel and integrated stereo pass-thru,
with selectable HP filter, this is the perfect complement to the PRX500 full-range systems. Configured with a PRX512M or PRX515;
the result is a highly transportable, high performance sub-satellite system. The addition of a polarity reverse option further
enables system optimization.
The PRX518 is a high performance self-powered compact sub-woofer system. The PRX518S is
comprised of a 2044E 460 mm (18") VGC (Vented Gap Cooled) woofer driven by a Crown International Class-D digital power amplifier.
A propriety digital processing chip (DSP) chip is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable
crossover functionality, polarity optimization, protection, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
enclosure is constructed of quality plywood and coated in JBL's rugged DuraFlex finish. An integrated pole mount on the top
enables an easy sub/satellite configuration. The CNC machined steel grille wraps around the sides of the enclosure so there
are no protruding lips on the front of the box to create acoustical interference. The grille is also lined with an acoustically
transparent foam to provide additional driver protection.
The amplifier input panel offers stereo inputs with XLR or
1/4 inch jack compatibility. A user selectable crossover ensures a smooth transition to full-range system connected to the
stereo outputs. Signal present and overload lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level, via
the level control knob.
JBL PRX518S 18" Self-Powered Subwoofer System Features:
- Class-D, Crown digital amplifier
- DSP, input section with selectable crossover, dynamic limiting, component optimization, selectable polarity reverse
- Professional XLR line and 1/4" Mic/Instrument inputs
- Stereo input and Loop-Thru capability
- Illuminated logo for clear Power-On status
- Top panel pole mount socket for sub-satellite configuration
- DuraFlex coated plywood construction
- Wrap around heavy-duty steel grille provides protection without obstructing performance
Get great sound the easy way. Order your PRX speaker system today.
JBL PRX518S 18" Self-Powered Subwoofer System Specifications:
- Frequency Range: 37Hz—14 Hz
- Frequency Response: 52Hz—110Hz
- Nominal Impedance: 34K Ohms (balanced), 18K Ohms (unbalanced)
- Power Capacity: 500 W continuous, 1000W peak
- Rated Maximum SPL: 129 dB SPL peak
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 725 mm x 535mm x 610mm (28.5" x 21" x 24")
- Weight: 36 kg (79 lb)
- Low Frequency Driver: 1 x JBL 2044E 460mm (18") woofer